Main Menu

1572 Mega Cities NIGHT MAYOR

Started by philt, 04 February, 2008, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

but nice image of Dante knock out American guy! but does that Amercian guy got Tsars logo on his clothes???

Slippery PD

Its actually difficult to fault the prog at the moment, its top notch.  

Except maybe that fact that it seems to be in WH Smiths on a Saturday, which means Ive missed a prog or two of the recent run.  

Mardroid

but nice image of Dante knock out American guy! but does that Amercian guy got Tsars logo on his clothes???

I thought the other guy looked a lot like Dante, like they're clones or something.

Also more encouragement for new work-droids from Tharg. Running low on new material? I doubt it but it's nice to know they're on the lookout for more people.

I've got the first draft of a terror tale finished and a future shock in my head (that sounds funny). I think I need to revise the first tale though before submitting it, but I'll move onto the next one in the meantime.

I've been advised it's best to go onto something new after finishing a project, then go back and revise... Whether that's true or not I don't know, I guess it depends from person to person.

A lass I know might be able to do the art for it (or I might give it a go myself... although I need more practise with drawing etc). I get the impression they prefer the art and writing to be submitted seperately though as they're essentially seperate jobs. (Or more specifically stories is bought, artists are employed.)

Mardroid

That should be 'stories are bought' not 'stories is bought'. Not exactly a good advertisement as a writer using that kind of grammar is it? (I'm not that bad on stories honest.)

Proudhuff

So the Hi-EX tales of Tharg's overflowing 'slush' bins full of art and stories is full of wrong?
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

Not sure what that mean... but I wasn't making a criticism.

I'm enjoying the tales currently in the prog.

Art

Lordy, is that an obscure Kim Newman reference on the cover?(or possibly just a more generic pun)

Funt Solo

Kingdom: Maybe the tick things have joined with Gene, but can only talk to him - after all, the voices came into his head after he'd been knocked out by them!  (Note: not Them.) I want a happy ending!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Mardroid

Gene's been having voices in his head for a while, the 'urgings'.

That being said, it's possible that the latest voices are false, hijacking the others as it were. I think that's overly complicated to the truth though.  Either way, the urgings and ticks appear to be in league in some way.

Hoagy

The title itself seems to be alluding to something much larger than this mere journey-manning by Gene though.

There has been the intro; of the pack and Gene as an individual protagonist.

Now this could be a part of the tale where there is 'One Girl and Her Dog', thing for thing volume of a bigger, hardback?

It would be nice. Although I never got around to finishing the first installment( Sacrilege!), I feel, from this read, its a dunk it and see sort of episodic.

It has people crying out for more though. Yeah. Yeah, nice twist, I would have liked Gene to have taken the top of farmer John's head off and find the tick there but maybe that could have caused problems with the telling so, anyway.  Yeah.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JudgePrager

What does Tharg actually say about looking for new people? (I won't be able to get to my prog for a while) It seems slightly at odds with all the tales I hear of trawling through endless dross to get to anything good by new writers...

Dark Jimbo

I don't think the editorial was a request for more submissions so much as an appeal for aspiring Squaxx to properly follow the submission guidelines.
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

" I descend to the next floor and enter the submissions dept,where harried looking subs droid is wading through the latest artwork to be posted in from prospective pencil monkeys.he will point out that a couple of them show promise,but mostly holds his hands up in despair and asks why in the name of MekQuake cant those submitting their portfolios follow the guidelines of the galaxys greatest ?"

"Its a point worthy repeating.dont send original artwork as we wont be held responsible if it goes missing.dont just send in pin ups.We want to see if you can tell a story sequentially.Use 2000ad characters only.also visit the submissions dept of 2000ad online."

It sounds encouraging and anything creative/artistic is always looking for new talent even if they dont advertise for it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

There's that, and also this week he mentioned something too (prog not in front of me now.) This seemed to be encouragment to other 'droids' too (i.e writers etc.)

Again he was mainly saying, "Follow the guidelines." but it looked very encouraging just the same.

TordelBack

Everything in the Prog this week is just incredible, one of the best reads I've ever had from House of Tharg.  As I finished each story, there just seemed to be more and more and more.  

Love the paranoia and megalomaniacal rantings of PJ and the Beeny procedural (don't give much for Roake's chances of reaching the end of this one), love dirty-minded Tonga and his kittens, love Gene (best new character of recent years?) and his betrayal, love Shakara's new found defiance.  

Incredibly Strontium Dog, by Wagner and Ezquera no less, is the weakest thing in the Prog, even though it's a very enjoyable shaggy dog story and could easily be the strongest strip in any normal line-up.

Kingdom (aka Rogue Trooper Done Right - maybe some of the Ticks could come along as bio-chip analogues?  Sorry, sorry...) must continue.  It's Alpha Strip, tougher and tough.

My Prog went up by 1 whole cent this week.  I didn't think it too many (much).