Main Menu

Anyone else have trouble finding this?

Started by ChickenStu, 14 March, 2013, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickenStu

Seriously, this comic is like rocking horse shit to get hold of. I can get 2000AD no problem from the local newsagent - but when I've asked them if they ever get Judge Dredd Megazine they look at me like a dog who's just been shown a card trick. My local WHSmith seems to have stopped doing it.

Yesterday I drove all over town trying to find it, and found it in a backwater shop in my town's ghetto area. The lady behind the counter told me she orders it in for a collector, and Rebellion always send a couple more for her to put out on the shelf.

So hopefully that means I've found a regular supplier. The downside of course is that the shop is right in the rough spot of town - and I run the risk of getting killed every time I go there.

Oh well.  :-\
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Dandontdare

find a nice friendly shop near to you and ask them to order it in - or get a sub!

ChickenStu

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 March, 2013, 11:41:41 AM
find a nice friendly shop near to you and ask them to order it in - or get a sub!

Can't afford the subscription - it's a bit on the pricey side. For me, anyway.  :-[

radiator

You don't have to pay for a sub upfront - I pay monthly.

I, Cosh

No help to you, but every Smiths in the centre of Glasgow always has stacks of Megs.
We never really die.

ChickenStu

Quote from: radiator on 14 March, 2013, 11:51:47 AM
You don't have to pay for a sub upfront - I pay monthly.

Wife wouldn't let me mate. I had a sub to 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine years ago, but life kind of got in the way and we had to move house. Things got so busy, they'd just come through the door and I wouldn't even open the envelope. Just completely slipped by me. Recently when I became interested I found all those, opened them and put them in a box so I could get round to reading them one day.

Even with my complete renewed interest and the graphic novels of it I own - she wouldn't run the risk of that happening again, monthly or not. My own damn fault really...  :(

Mabs

I also had trouble locating both, i had to travel (or walk most times) to my nearest W.H. Smiths which was near a mile away. But thank Tharg, i finally managed to find a newsagents more closer to where i live, and they stock both the Prog and Meg. I can sympathasise with your plight, but my suggestion would be to take the risk...so long as you're packing A) a Lawgiver or B) a daystick!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

ChickenStu

Quote from: Mabs on 14 March, 2013, 12:03:32 PM
...so long as you're packing A) a Lawgiver or B) a daystick!  :D

Dude, if I had that shit I'd be taking the law to lawless out in the Cursed Earth. Or Slough as the locals call it.

radiator

I'm not really sure what you're saying here. You want it to be more widely available, but you don't buy it regularly? Well, there's your answer.

You can buy the prog/meg at your local newsagent, or get them to order it in for you (if they don't know what you're talking about, take your business elsewhere.)

You can get a monthly or annual sub.

You can switch to just catching up with key stories via the trades.

You can buy individual issues or subscribe digitally via a tablet or laptop.

You can catch up with back issues via eBay.

ChickenStu

Quote from: radiator on 14 March, 2013, 12:10:18 PM
I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Why's that - have I suddenly started typing in Egyptian without realising?

(j/k mate, lol  :), ignore me - watching This Morning's supernatural week has made me kind of goofy. There was some batshit crazy woman on it yesterday who reckoned aliens had sex with her at a bus-stop).

sheldipez

Quote from: radiator on 14 March, 2013, 12:10:18 PM
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. You want it to be more widely available, but you don't buy it regularly? Well, there's your answer.

Ha wasn't just me then!

If your newsagents are anything like mine they will stop ordering in magazines if they dont sell any for a few issues, it simply isn't worth their bother ordering in stuff to unbox them, shelve them, then pack them back up and send them back next month, they'll replace it with another magazine or just not stock it.

Though your newsagents sound a bit special if you've specifically asked them to order in the Megazine and their answer was anything other than "yeah no problem". Newsagents dont have to do anything special to get the Megazine.

ChickenStu

I INTEND to buy it regularly. I only started buying it again last month. And then, there was a copy in WHSmith. It was THIS month's that I had a hard time getting hold off. Hope this clears matters up.

ChickenStu

Found the latest one in Smith's this morning. No bother.  :)

Spikes

Quote from: ChickenStu on 14 March, 2013, 11:38:08 AM
Yesterday I drove all over town trying to find it, and found it in a backwater shop in my town's ghetto area. 

For me, it was the other way round. The Prog was a devil to track down - until a few months ago. But was practically tripping over copies of the Meg.