Main Menu

Oye Chingador De Cadaver! An 'El Bigote' Preview...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 02 November, 2011, 10:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Chivo

Nice one, Supes.

Just like to say how great everyone's response has been, currently working on Episode 2 which promises mucho madness & new characters locos [spoiler]aswell as what i like to call 'The Tequilla Remix' of ..'Reckoning'
[/spoiler]

(Better check that last bit with Locust, or as i like to call him now 'El Thargo'  :) )

Cheers

Chi

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, what Chi said.

This has been a really positive experience, and the support has been overwhelming. Many of the forum's members have pitched in pinups and other art, and Shaky Kane has done a great cover for the second issue (mygrimmbrother will have the honor of sharing that here, since he colored it).

And like Chi said - there are lots of things in the works!

In other news, over at Too Busy Thinking About My Comics, A Tequila-Drenched Reckoning survived a Colin "The Beak" Smith review: http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.blogspot.com/2012/07/on-el-bigote-by-matthew-mclaughlin-el.html.

Emperor

Good to see you avoided a Beaking there ;)

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 05 July, 2012, 10:14:31 PMThis has been a really positive experience, and the support has been overwhelming. Many of the forum's members have pitched in pinups and other art, and Shaky Kane has done a great cover for the second issue (mygrimmbrother will have the honor of sharing that here, since he colored it).

Already shared here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36110.msg689979.html#msg689979
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

mygrimmbrother

I'll stick up here too if ye mods don't mind:

SKD

That looks fantastic, wonderful colour palette, very moody.

Stew.

mygrimmbrother

Thanks Stew, and in the spirit of giving each other a mutual reach-around, I've been loving your Craneo pages - absolutely brilliant mate  :)

Daveycandlish

El Bigote will be appearing in PARAGONcomic next week!

Be sure to order a copy so that you can get your cut-out-and-wear El Bigote facial hair!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!