Main Menu

Prog 2284: Inter*sect*ions

Started by IndigoPrime, 31 May, 2022, 11:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Glad I'm not the only one that felt a bit disappointed with this prog.  The FS was a peculiar creation and one I couldn't quite get my head around.  Then again there didn't seem much to pull me in so that might be something to do with it.  I'm just mindful of the fact that writing a good FS is not an easy job.

Dredd is, as everyone says, the highlight with Foster channelling Bolland to raise an otherwise pedestrian Carroll tale.  So far little of the tale has strayed too far from many of his common ticks:

• ex-con struggling to get on;
  • opportunity to get involved in potentially risky criminal activity;
  • seeking big payday to start over;
  • dodgy judge figure involved;
  • shady criminals linked to plan ...

So the big question then is how will he land it all?  Will there be a sudden twist to the end of the tale?  We'll see ...

I would agree that Fiends has got far too much going on now and is in danger of being mythologically overloaded.  Brink is simmering nicely but it is still a bit of a challenge to see where things hang together.  It's been an interesting little diversion from the last tale we had.  Have to see how this pans out too.

So ... given the bank holiday this week its most likely going to be Friday before this week's sub-prog shows its face.  Not the first time patience has been required, so hey ho ... Here's hoping that when it does show up it is closer to form than we've been used to.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 04 June, 2022, 02:48:54 PMthe highlight with Foster channelling Bolland to raise an otherwise pedestrian Carroll tale
I mean, I disagree. But also: this isn't a Carroll taleā€”it's a Niemand one.

Funt Solo

Homage?

(The first panel is from 1981's "The Sweet Taste of Justice".)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++