Main Menu

Has someone finally melted Judge Dredd's stony heart?

Started by Molch-R, 29 October, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

'One fan has threatened to burn his issue.'

Eh?

What a load of bollocks. Gay, straight, bi, whatever. Who cares?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4762950/judge-dredd-has-gay-kiss.html

Molch-R

Judo

Just another example of the media prostituting genuine problems for money. hu-fucking-rah x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Steve Green

Quote from: LARF on 25 January, 2013, 06:27:24 PM
'One fan has threatened to burn his issue.'

Eh?

What a load of bollocks. Gay, straight, bi, whatever. Who cares?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4762950/judge-dredd-has-gay-kiss.html

I hope he's a digital subscriber.

Steve Green

From the Guardian

"Steve Marchant, a tutor at the London-based Cartoon Museum, described the suggestion of Dredd being gay as a "major first".

But, he added, Dredd would not be the first superhero whose sexuality was the subject of speculation: the 1940s character Green Lantern "used to fight crime in a red blouse", he said.

"It's certainly the first time such an iconic character has been suggested as coming out and I think it's a bold, brave move and will give gay kids a good role model.""

Nothing says role model like a near genocidal, state-sanctioned, brutal fascist...

The Adventurer

Also this story actually defining Dredd sexual preferences is basically nil.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Spikes

Another reason, if one was ever needed, to never buy the Sun.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 January, 2013, 04:52:17 PM
We need another team up with Devlin, or at the very least get Devlin back in his own strip again!

Now that's something we can all get behind.

LARF

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 January, 2013, 07:53:37 PM
From the Guardian

"Steve Marchant, a tutor at the London-based Cartoon Museum, described the suggestion of Dredd being gay as a "major first".

But, he added, Dredd would not be the first superhero whose sexuality was the subject of speculation: the 1940s character Green Lantern "used to fight crime in a red blouse", he said.

"It's certainly the first time such an iconic character has been suggested as coming out and I think it's a bold, brave move and will give gay kids a good role model.""

Nothing says role model like a near genocidal, state-sanctioned, brutal fascist...

[Editor] shit, this is big news we need to talk to an expert!

[Hack] there's a cartoon museum next to Costa's on the high street

[Ed] OK, cartoons! They'll be experts.

[Hack] 2000AD has a forum should we ask the fans?

[Ed] Shit no! They'll just tell us the truth and what the hell do they know. They're not experts, fuck em go to the museum they'll be looking at comics and shit all day!

At comic museum...

[Hack] so Steven Marchant, you get around don't you? Teaching at this place and being on TV with Ricky. How is he by the way? What's his take on Dredd being gay? Is he here?

mogzilla

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 26 January, 2013, 08:03:38 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 January, 2013, 04:52:17 PM
We need another team up with Devlin, or at the very least get Devlin back in his own strip again!

Now that's something we can all get behind.
:o ooer missis!

Noisybast

Any chance a mod could merge the two threads on this topic?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

James Stacey

It's not like there is a single panel of Dredd art in the cartoon museum, despite him being used on literature advertising it. I don't recall there being a single piece of 2000ad art for that matter. There was some Charley's War which was nice. Fuck the experts.

vzzbux

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 January, 2013, 10:01:38 AM
It's not like there is a single panel of Dredd art in the cartoon museum, despite him being used on literature advertising it. I don't recall there being a single piece of 2000ad art for that matter. There was some Charley's War which was nice. Fuck the experts.
You will probably find some of these are self proclaimed experts.
If turning a room into a shrine of art and tat makes you an expert then CF is a master bater.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Quote from: vzzbux on 28 January, 2013, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 28 January, 2013, 10:01:38 AM
You will probably find some of these are self proclaimed experts.
If turning a room into a shrine of art and tat makes you an expert then CF is a master bater.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and there is some 2000ad art - I'm pretty sure there's at least one Dredd pic, but my attention was drawn to the Belardinelli Dan Dare double spread from prog 1 - lush!

It's a nice little museum, but pricey for the size

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me