Main Menu

The new Ro-Busters edition over at my Bookshelf

Started by Grant Goggans, 03 June, 2014, 08:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

At my Bookshelf blog, I've got a look at the new American edition of Ro-Busters, which turns out to be a neat, expanded version of the original 1980s Titan collection:

http://hipsterdadsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2014/06/ro-busters-disaster-squad-of-distinction.html

Enjoy!

Colin YNWA

Nice review... BUT I come here not to praise but to whine. Thrillpowered Thursday has been on an extended break for sometime now and I was wondering if I bitched and moaned enough could I persuade you to a return to thrillpowering our Thursdays?

TordelBack

Good move, Colin - I find nothing motivates these unpaid writer-types like bitchin' and whinin'.  And I duly add my parent-honed But Graaaaant... to the chorus. 

That's an interesting collection there - it sidesteps some of the more protracted RoBusters of the later Starlord period (which are still fun, but do tend to drag a bit in collected form), and goes for the showcase effect instead.   

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 June, 2014, 09:47:27 AM
Good move, Colin - I find nothing motivates these unpaid writer-types like bitchin' and whinin'. 

Well the internet can't be wrong can it. I'm also writing to both Marvel and Dc as it seems the way to get them to produce EXACTLY the comics you want to is threaten to exclusive by the products of their competitors of they don't.

I'm expecting great things from this strategy and Jack Kirby will be back concluding his Fourth World saga before we know it...

Grant Goggans

I appreciate that.  Maybe one day it will come back or reboot.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 June, 2014, 09:56:44 AM
...I'm also writing to both Marvel and Dc as it seems the way to get them to produce EXACTLY the comics you want to is threaten to exclusive by the products of their competitors of they don't...

Even by my standards that ones nonsense. What I was trying to say was

I'm also writing to both Marvel and DC as it seems the way to get them to produce EXACTLY the comics you want to is to threaten to exclusively buy the products of their competitors oif they don't...

glassstanley

Am I reading correctly that the book doesn't include The Fall & Rise of Ro-Jaws & Hammerstein?

Grant Goggans

Hawkmumbler

Will we be seeing a reprint of the complete Ro-Busters as well for the UK? It appears to have tone walk abouts...

IndigoPrime

It's in Rebellion's 2014 catalogue, dated November 6. 400pp.

vark

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 03 June, 2014, 08:14:52 AM
which turns out to be a neat, expanded version of the original 1980s Titan collection:
To be precise it only collects book one of the 1980s Titan collection http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2014/05/ro-busters-disaster-squad-of.html

;)

Grant Goggans

Precision detailed in the story at my blog, Vark.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 June, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

Thats large than the previous one, which was only around 330 pages I believe. So whats been added to this new collection?

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 06 June, 2014, 08:41:12 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 June, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

Thats large than the previous one, which was only around 330 pages I believe. So whats been added to this new collection?

The previous one was 400 pages, but was mistakenly listed by Rebellion as 336 pages.