Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 16 December, 2015, 02:02:47 PM
Also Hershey and Dredd must be some of the increasingly smaller pool of Judges who remember the city before seeming wave after wave of disasters has hit it.
It seems to me that Judge Dredd began with MC1 at the height of its powers. In many ways, Judge Dredd might easily be subtitled The Decline and Fall of Mega City One.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jade Falcon

Very true.  There can't be many veteran street judges left anymore.  As I understand it there were a fair few agreed with Grice, there's natural fatality, etc.  I read that Anderson isn't really a PSI Judge now due to her being able to unable to take life extending meds because that would screw with her PSI powers.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Hawkmumbler

Cass is still and active duty PSI judge but how long for is a question Grant has been dancing around for decades now.

Skullmo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 17 December, 2015, 10:00:15 PM
Cass is still and active duty PSI judge but how long for is a question Grant has been dancing around for decades now.

I don't think Alan grant is the writer of Anderson anymore.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jade Falcon

Next up is Judgement Day.  I've heard mixed reviews over this, but I must admit that I'm looking forward to reading this.  It seems to be a big clean up/annihilation of large parts of the Dredd universe from what I've heard.

Does this pre date Necropolis, or post?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Judgement Day takes place about 18 months after Necropolis.

robert_ellis

Great to see Judgement Day including the 1991 Annual story Top Dogs (Wagner/MacNeil) plus the Kinda Dead Man (Ennis/Williams). There's a typically apologetic but fun interview with Garth Ennis, and a selection of covers reprinted. The cover's nice - but not an iconic image. Fabulous Ezquerra end-papers of Dredd riding over a zombie. This series continues to be great - and it's such a bonus to have the warts & all backup material.

Timothy

Judgement day was fun. I know it's in no way subtle or nuanced, but there is fun to be had with the introduction of Johnny Alpha, and there is some cracking dialogue. Good to see Dean Ormston's art too. A distinctive style that manages to be dark but not muddy.

Richard

QuoteI don't think Alan grant is the writer of Anderson anymore.
Yes he is.

Tjm86

Quote from: Richard on 24 December, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
QuoteI don't think Alan grant is the writer of Anderson anymore.
Yes he is.

Oh no he's not .....

(In the spirit of Christmas)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Apestrife

The cover of LOW LIFE: PARANOIA

I really like the cover. I imagine, with Rufus Dayglo on the cover, that the collection will end with "War Without Bloodshed". Fitting story.

Any ideas/word on what collections are next?

The Monarch

We don't know whats after lowlife yet (i think) but we do know whats coming after that

Vol 56 'Beyond Mega-City One' (out 3rd Feb in the UK/IRE), which sees the lawman travel to the Dreddworld versions of Ireland (in 'Emerald Isle' by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon) and Egypt (in 'Book of the Dead' by Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and Dermot Power), tries to topple a South American tyrant (in 'Regime Change' by Gordon Rennie and Inaki Miranda), rescue prisoners of war from a Siberian camp (in 'Gulag' by Gordon Rennie and Charlie Adlard), and we meet Brit-Cit Judges for the first time (in 'Atlantis' by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Brendan McCarthy).

Jade Falcon

I remember reading and not being overly impressed with Book of the Dead, but the others are new to me.