Main Menu

Some Bastard Wrote My Car Off

Started by Dean, 01 May, 2002, 04:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

I only mention it because I only bought the car 6 days ago and for the first time in my 35 years I bought a nice car rather than an old banger and it's only taken me 6 days to end up with a ?14,600 pile on jarred metal.

Life is grand.

I remember when my only real worry in life was wondering where this weeks prog is. Ho humm and lardy dah!

Dean  - Feeling melochaly

Dean

Sorry, ?14,600 pile of (rather than on)jarred metal

Dean - Still melancholy but still able to spot a typo.

paulvonscott

Wot a nightmare, I only seem to get woimen crashing into my car when I'm parked.

Never mind, Sin City starts this week.  It might help.

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Love Doctor

Sin City? Again? Thats some hot shit.
Wish i had a car. And a job. And the internet at home.

Doc the without-things-bloke

Mudcrab

The new Dredd 'epic' is called Sin City, not the Frank Miller one. Starts this week. Soon, we all hope and pray. Probably be delivered tomorrow with any luck.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

Wouldn't count on it... I'm thinking it'll be Friday again.  Still I'll be okay; 2000AD's just merged with Star Lord in my new back issue collection & I've got another 1,202 progs before this weeks.

Sorry to hear about the car...
I had mine stolen last summer so I didn't even get a pile of metal out of it.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mudcrab

Woohoo!! You've just started the progs I first got when the merger happened. Aaaah, The Day the Law Died, Fergeeeee, Ro-Busters, FLESH BOOK II. Looks like you're reading them well in time with the Dave's history thing in the Meg!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

stodge

where did you get your collection from OBG?  i am in the process of rebuilding my collection so any hints on cheapo places to acquire progs is appreciated.....no robbing bas**** please....

Oddboy

Right here on this website - check out the classified section.  (THANKS ROADRUBBLE!)(Magazines|Collecting|Classified)
I got Progs 70 to 1287 missing only 13 issues (all between 70-114) so I've got duplicates of the last 200+ but I've promised them to my brother.

stodge

how much?  cheeky question i know but i can gauge whether i'm paying too much for small runs then.....

Oddboy

A totally amazing ?100-00!
Works out at eight & a third pence each!
All in pretty good nic too...
That was an exceptional bargin though, so I wouldn't use it as a guide-rule.

Something Fishy

Maybe there is some sort of new car curse.

I managed to smack the back of mine up soon after buying it. In fact the day after my wife was diagnosed with cancer.

I new i should have kept with an old banger.  This never happened with my trusty (and cheap) old ford.

Bloody cursed cars.

Dean

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's condition. That sort of thing always puts everything else into context.

Something Fishy

Yeah thanks Dean thats very kind.

It certainly does put things in perspective.  I just couldn't get that wound up over the car, you know?