Main Menu

Where writers get there ideas from - Part One.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 02 May, 2002, 04:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

It's probably the question that writers are asked the most often - where do you get your cer-azzzy ideas from?

Well now I can answer that. Remember Red Razors? Remember the best bit, his talking horse side-kick, Judge Ed? How did that clever idea of mixing Dredd with the sitcom from the 1950's about a talking horse? Creative imagination?

Well I was reading some back issues the other day. Issues 700 - 705. One of which had a cartoon sent in by a reader of a horse with a judge helmet - caption 'Judge Ed'.

paulvonscott

The unscrupulous dictators of Zrag hang around the bins of Thargs Command Module, looking for old letters, pictures and discarded future shocks which they then plagiarise and sell to down and out droids with programmer's block in underground script clubs.

On the theme of Judge-ed I once sent in a picture of Judge-ment, which for some reason has a judges head exploding in a large mushroom cloud.  I had quite a fixation with nuclear explosions at the time.  If this woeful character has ever got into 2000AD please let me know as I could do with lucrative court case.

Wils

What would be more worrying is if they'd used the pitiful Judge Egg that I sent in when I was 8. IIRC, it was just an egg with a Judge's helmet 'painted' onto it. I don't think I gave him limbs either.

Wils

SovietSam

I think that they live underground 4 a year and take their revenge on paper so theres lots of gore!!! I might try it though i'm scared of small spaces.I AM 12 YA KNOW!!!!!

sigu

Welcome aboard Judge Dudus. At twelve years old, you must be the youngest person on these here boards. There's a lot of senility at my end of the age range, I'm afraid.

As you're posting at 11 o'clock British time, I'm guessing you're in the US, (unless 2000ADonline is part of computer studies lessons theses days. God help us all, if it is!)

So how long have you been reading 2000AD?

SiG

Oddboy

Sheesh!
The idea that people are studying these boards is scary!
Better watch what I type.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wils

"As you're posting at 11 o'clock British time, I'm guessing you're in the US, (unless 2000ADonline is part of computer studies lessons theses days. God help us all, if it is!)"

Not neccessarily. A lot of schools are closed today because they've been turned into polling stations.

Wils

stodge

sounds like you have a good knowledge of school opening times.  do you hang around outside schools a lot then?  :o)

paulvonscott

Don't go there!

Anyway here is Judge-Ment, from my very own data archives.  The date may be off but 85 was when I started reading AD full time.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=input&page=artimage&Image=Ment" target="_blank">Judge-Ment!

The Love Doctor

I know where Garth Ennis gets his ideas from.
His arse, that's where.
"Hmmm.. a story where all of Judge Dredds enemies gang up on him and... what else can happen? I know, I'll have 'em wipe out most of Mega city 1's senior Judges and show just how incompetent Judges really are, before Dredd shows up and pops off all the baddies."
Ennis, you're a star.

Doc the guy who could do better.

paulvonscott

The Doctor's prognosis is correct.

Not only has he cacked Dredd, Chopper and Constantine up for me, he also used his sewer like mind (where in all his nugget like ideas float) to befowl Rogue Trooper, Dr and Quinch AND Halo Jonesin Heleter Skelter, there may be more but I made a point of not buying any of those issues.  As someone said to me recently, it was the worst possible sort of fan fiction imaginable.

Jayzus B. Christ

"I know where Garth Ennis gets his ideas from.
His arse, that's where."
Funniest and truest line I've read yet on this messageboard.
Nice one, the Doctor.

The Love Doctor

Thank you loyal followers of the right and true way of WAG-NOR.
Ennis might be good at stuff like Preacher, and he might be British too, but I just don't hack his Dredd stuff.
At least WAG-NOR does his genocide with some integrity and ingenuity.

Doc the case-rester.

I rest my case.