Main Menu

Firteen

Started by The Love Doctor, 13 May, 2002, 04:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Love Doctor

Ho, tis the doc here.
Just wondering what kind of opinions people had on this new series 13. In fact, what do people think of that and this Bec and Kawl thing? Now i know it's only been one episode so far (bec and Kawl) but frankly I couldn't bear to read it. I mean, putting "like" between every first and second word of a sentence is bad enough, but the whole thing just seems to be trying to do a cliche in a kind of, like, in the 2000ad stylee. TO be honest I think it fails miserably and I somehow seeing it turn slowly into the reincarnation of RAM Raiders...
As for 13, I was quite impressed. Good art, interesting plot, although the main characters dialogue was somewhat steretypical.
And I hang my head in shame for thinking Sin City was going to be the Frank Miller thing.
The new Dredd story's going pretty well I think, on that note. However I am sorely disappointed with Kev Walkers art. It still has it's own style and flair but for fucks sake, is it anything compared to the art on ABC Warriors (the Hellbringer story comes to mind). Imagine that kind of work on Dredd... it would be enough to make a grown man cry some happy tears.

Post your views, peoples.

The doc.

Oddboy

Can I just mention the "8" key and the "SHIFT" key again?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Thread Zero

Love doctor

I can't stand Mike Carey's dialogue. Actually that's not entirely true. In any other comic it would be fine but I think refrences to s*** bring 2k down.

The s**t line was an all time low for 2k. John, Alan or Pat would never stoop so low. Not in 2k anyway.

Story seems fine but I wish this guy wouldn't write apples and stairs dialogue all the time.
Now that is clich?!!

"Er guv take a butchers at his ugly mug. Right car crash he is and no mistake."

And so on....

Bec and Kawl:
Seems ok to me. All humour stories always provoke a love/hate reaction from the fans.

As I neither love or hate it, I guess I'm not a fan.:P

I agree about Kev's art. Very loose. So loose he makes Essex girls look like virgins!

scojo

The Love Doctor

I agree about the language, it doesn't really seem right especially in Atavar, where he just went "SHIT!" every time anything of any minor surprise happened. If he said "Hot damn" or something it still sould have made the point. To be honest it was a pretty bad series so who gives a sh*t? Its acceptable in 13 so long as it's used with a bit of taste and cockney charm (if such a thing exists).
Words are just words, but Atavar was poo.

Doc the doc.

frazer

I de-lurk to say that "13" rocks:)

fine blend of art and script (despite the objections i see here to the sh*t popping up) and some nice creepy cliffhangers. my fave strip in tooth at the mo.

Shame Mike's gone all dc-exclusive now...:(

Frazer

Jayzus B. Christ

i'll stand by what I've always said: Swearing works in context. The 'FBI' reference in Button Man was a great line, and let's face it, a present-day dropout punk like Joe Bulmer would not, in real life, be averse to swearing.
So blip you all, you motherjoggers.