Main Menu

Origins: Only three episodes in...

Started by Wils, 29 September, 2006, 10:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Wils

SPOILER ALERT!

Argh! Before clicking the link, be aware that it looks like FP have put spoilers in the right-up. I only read the first sentence, but that was enough.

Sorry, chaps. :s

The Amstor Computer

Cheers for the warning, Wils. I carefully skimmed the listing so I think I missed the spoilers. Fucking ridiculous that a solicit for a book that won't be out for 6 months, collecting a story that has only just begun should have such an explicit write-up.

Great to know it's going to be collected so promptly - right after the 30th anniversary, if the date is correct - but I just hope no-one reading the story sees the solicitation...

JOE SOAP

What spoilers? all information in the write-up is currently known.

JOE SOAP

There's a link to a John Wagner interview on the Forbidden Planet page.

The Amstor Computer

Just crossed my fingers & read the piece properly & Garageman is right - it's actually fairly innocuous. The sections that looked like spoilers are all revealed in the opening episode and I was so busy trying to avoid ruining the story that I managed to misread what was there.

Feeling ever so slightly foolish for overreacting... :-)

JOE SOAP

They also got it wrong, a Fargo's severed hand was not delivered to the Grand hall -it was a piece of human tissue.

If one of Fargo's hands could fit into that small box, Fargo himself nust have been a very unimpressive man.

The Amstor Computer

...or perhaps he was, like Jeremy Beadle, rather unbalanced in the hand department?

;-)

JOE SOAP

Wils

Ah. Sorry about the panic. Read the line about the hand and feared the worst. Better to be safe than a spoilering fucktard, though. :)

Wils

Also; I seem to have lost the ability to spell. "right-up"? For fuck's sake!

Dudley

If Dredd takes off his helmet to reveal that he was Beadle all along, I'll be quite upset.

BMB

GOD DAMN this forums a minefield at the moment for poor Australians like me!

I wont be enjoying Origins for 2-3 months yet and I'm trying real herd to stay in the dark about it, but with all these pitfalls I'm getting scared to even log on here!

* I'm not picking on anyone here, I'm just saying I hate you all 'cus I want more thrills damnit! I'm cold and I'm burning up inside!*

Grant Goggans

Actually, that site's not bad for finding more advanced solicits and low-quality thumbnail covers, helping to confirm some of the rumors...

Jan: Caballistics vol 2 and Storming Heaven (144 pages, with John Smith as a writer along with Rennie, suggesting that A Love Like Blood is paired up with it...?), along with Stronty Dog Case Files 01 - which, I noticed, was not solicited in the current Previews for December - and the new editions of a few books with DC trade dress (Bad Company, Halo Jones, Fort Neuro)

Feb: just Dredd Case Files 07 so far

March: Origins and Tsar Wars vol 2

IndigoPrime

I have to say, I'm not at all keen on that Tsar Wars 2 cover. What a shame Rebellion couldn't get Fraser to do original covers for the Tsar Wars set. Good to see Creepshow confirmed, though.