Main Menu

Emo Kills:

Started by PeterWolf, 17 May, 2008, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

"the "black parade" â?? a place where emos believe they go after they die."

That's news to me. I thought it was called The Big Rock Candy Mountain?

;)
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I spent my teenage years listening to all sorts of things including The Smiths who i never found depressing in the slightest.

I still say EMO has nothing to do with Goth as i didnt know any Goths who self harmed or were wallowing in self pity.If anything they didnt take themselves seriously or the goth scene didnt take itself seriously.

If you think of The Cure who in my opinion were EMO if you use the term literally to describe emotive rock and not a scene they did a certain amount of music that was downbeat but the next minute they were doing chirpy little pop songs so there was a balance.

I very much doubt that My Chemcal Romance etc are feeling suicidal with their record sales so perhaps teenage advisory stickers on the albums saying "Do not take seriously " might not be a bad idea.

If these kids cant enjoy childhood and being a teenager then there is something very wrong with them.

There is a certain amount of romanticism going on with death and "The black Parade".

They need to learn to have a laugh .

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Keef Monkey

I think the main reason kids are so depressed is because parents drill it into them that it's the best years of your life, which is an incredibly inaccurate and upsetting thing to believe.

I remember when emo was something completely different, years and years ago the term was attached to bands like Far, and it kind of fitted. Nowadays it's a hairstyle.

House of Usher

"written for inclusion in the latest issue of the Daily Fucking Mail by the kind of barely-literate primates who can only get work filling the pages of a periodical that isn't even printed on paper soft enough to wipe your arsehole with"

Damn, I wish I could get work like that, and I'm a very literate primate! Beats anything I've ever done for a living. Just goes to show it's not what you know, it's who you know.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

...kids are so depressed is because parents drill it into them that it's the best years of your life, which is an incredibly inaccurate and upsetting thing to believe.

Too right.  Despite having a grand family and some solid friends when I was growing up, my life really didn't get good until I turned 17 (Then it was bloody brilliant - sex and booze and philosophy and travel and music, ace!).  If I'd believed that my school days, the most unremittingly miserable period of my life, was the apogee of my existence...

Mini-Bolt

Oh! i remember that article! i also remember some of the bands responses - My Chemical Romance were on tour at the time and they basicly told the crowd to start chanting "F@*k THE DAILY MAIL"

Bongo Jack

Damn, I wish I could get work like that, and I'm a very literate primate! Beats anything I've ever done for a living. Just goes to show it's not what you know, it's who you know.

You probably could get a job doing that, but it would entail writing everything with a slant towards creating a climate of fear, hatred, or dismissive contempt for everything that isn't middle-class, white, protestant, over 35 and English, and despite never having met you, I suspect you don't have it in you to be a scumbag for cash.
Live forever or die trying

House of Usher

Probably goes for 95% of us here. :)
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Off topic but this an example of sloppy bullshit journalism .The article says Chris Evans paid 5.5 million for a 1962 Ferrari yet the picture shows Chris Evans in a late 70s early 80s 308 model that would cost about £25,000.

Chris Evans must have more cash than sense and has been ripped off to the tune of £5,475,000p.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=567146&in_page_id=1773" target="_blank">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=567146&in_page_id=1773

satchmo

I used to hate Littlejohn and Simon Heffer the most, but these days it's Allison Pearson. The columns she wrote about Scarlett Keeling's mother are some of the most despicable things I've ever seen in the British Media.

Her fucking daughter had just been murdered, you loathsome ghoul, Pearson.

I have to turn Question Time off if she's on.

Bongo Jack

The problem with Allison Pearson is that she's a product of the hate-figure school of fame-seeking desperation as perfected by otherwise talentless journalist non-celebrities like Julie Burchill or Richard Littlejohn.  Even leaving her hateful remarks aside, the rest of Pearson's work reveals that she really doesn't have anything to say, and isn't any more interesting than the usual tabloid guttersnipes who offer nothing beyond what anger they can induce in their readership.
Live forever or die trying

Peter Wolf

Julie Burchill  :   YUK

Vile talentless ugly creature.

I can promise you that her reading her columns/opinion is not as bad as hearing her talk which in turn is not as bad as having to look at her.

JamesC

I hate Carol Malone. I think she has a column in the Sunday Mirror.
 She seems to be on telly quite a bit now, whenever they need a bitter, post-menopausal old bitch to talk about how useless men are usually.
 I've never heard her say anything nice about anyone.

JimBob

Amanda Plattell is even worse, knowledge of nothing but an opinion on everything. One week bemoaning teen anorexia the next calling Fergies teenage daughters fatties. I also find the annoying Austalian bints attitude to immigrants remarkabley unselfaware. I'ld suggest that the majority of collumnists are either sad old facists on the right or pathetic self haters on the left. When I finally get round to staging a coup I'm going to ship them all to the Isle of Wight for a Battle Royale re-enactment

House of Usher

How vile things have got! It makes the Germain Greer/Suzanne Moore feud of yesteryear seem positively calm, reasonable and proportionate by comparison.

In those days there was Melanie Phillips to despise. And Ann Leslie.

I can't say as I read the nespapers these days, but I expect to have time for that sort of thing once again by the time autumn rolls around.
STRIKE !!!