Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Archey on 20 May, 2011, 04:23:32 PM
Another one from me but one we all know. A slightly battered and old looking MeanMachine Angel.

I like that Mean Angel.

Sad Mean! Aaaaaah.

Van Dom

That is very good Archey...its like "Charles Dickens' Mean Machine". Awww..
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Neil McClements

Again thanks for the comments, such things really spur me on and inspire me to try harder. I wrote elsewhere here that my art took a bit of a 20 odd year hiatus and these recent months I've taken to reacquaint myself with past skills. As may be obvious I've concentrated on the head and face lately and drawn with a medium I'm really proficient with.

As for a blog Pauul , it'll be in the pipeline at some point I've no doubt but I don't have enough work I'm happy with to start such a thing. I'll keep popping stuff on here and I'll try to contribute to the weekly TAB when I've enough time. All I'll ask in return is some honest thoughts, criticisms etc.

I feel slightly abashed that I've not really commented on others work here so far. I will try harder.

Emperor

Yep definitely get a blog and a Deviantart gallery - no worries if you don't have much to show now, get up what you have and then update when you can.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

maryanddavid

Every time I look at this thread, I leave muttering, 'I wish I could Draw'
Great stuff, keep it up.

NeilFord

Lovely work everyone, this thread is looking great! Work has been kicking ma baws lately, time is limted for art sadly. :(

Holidays next week though... yay! :)

judda fett

Great new pieces Archey and Neil.

Neil McClements

Yes it's me again, sorry  :o.

Love the new picture as always Neil. You never fail to imbue a sense mystery and foreboding in you darker images.
Seeing your work and many other's here (but mainly yours) has constantly encouraged me.
A pencil work here, borrowed heavily from Boris Karloff the original inspiration for the man himself, I present Kano.

I will make a copy and pen this in at some point.

Neil McClements

Oops cocked that up! wheres the edit button gone?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Cocked what up?

And using Bela Lugosi as a model is a stroke of genius
You may quote me on that.

Neil McClements

Meant to post the image in the post above that one but something went wrong and its Boris Karloff not Lugosi. 

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You are correct sir. I cocked that up
You may quote me on that.

Emp

Looks a very serene Kano....disturbingly so!

NeilFord

Thanks for the kind remarks dudes. Love that Kano, looks great matey! :)

Young Darth from me, bit of a WIP - hope to paint him up later in the week, that may be wishful thinking though!

vzzbux

A wonderful piece Mr Ford. Love me a piece of Star Wars and this hits it perfectly.
Just don't forget the scar over his right eye. And it's young Vader. Darth is the Sith title.
How about a Royal guard in battle pose for your next piece.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.