Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

And the Tottoro umbrella is cool too.

staticgirl

I figured Totoro would be right up her alley. :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Van Dom

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 October, 2010, 11:43:46 PM

Space hijinks - sorry for the spamming fellas - !

I love this. I absolutely love this. Is there a story that goes with it or is it just something random you came up with. If there isn't a story, there should be!!! Let me write one for it that you can draw!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

CrazyFoxMachine

Van - there's no story - it's a set of characters created by a dude and riffed on by some other dudes

http://feralgargantua.deviantart.com/gallery/25726273

soulboyluis

hello..
I've been going all retro and cutting up my old comix to use as collage material for my paintings. Maybe I'm using good artwork to cover up my average work, but I've been looking at a whole bunch of 70's and 80's comics and think there was a real sociological reason for the types of stories that sold.
Anyways, presenting the work I've just finished today.
2000ad:Jobcentre

Any good comments, I may start complete thread on this...
Got time? got no money. Got money? got no time.

CrazyFoxMachine

...as long as you're correctly citing this. There was a big load of balls about this collage artist ripping off 2000ad stuff without crediting the original artists...

soulboyluis

OK, I can see that would be an issue. I've left Dave Gibbons name on the poster, as he was the man that did the work originally, I'm creatively extending its narrative, by using a backdrop as a context for it be viewed in. And I've cut it up in a manner that I felt appropriate, so there.

Maybe I shoud get in touch with Dave Gibbons - I'd like his thoughts..but how...
Got time? got no money. Got money? got no time.

radiator

QuoteI'm creatively extending its narrative, by using a backdrop as a context for it be viewed in

Oh, is that what you're doing with it?

chilipenguin

New poster design done in photoshop as a result of the Inspirational Images thread.

radiator

An old sketchbook drawing. The tone stuff is really just experimentation for the 5 page B&W comic strip I'm doing soon...

SIP

Nice work everyone!

Here is yet another DC piece (its a running theme ) - Evil Supergirl!

Emperor

Damn fine work there chaps.

Quote from: soulboyluis on 18 October, 2010, 12:53:24 PMMaybe I shoud get in touch with Dave Gibbons - I'd like his thoughts..but how...

You could try Twitter:

http://twitter.com/davegibbons90
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Chilli: I love the imaginary, typography and colours though I think she needs to be come more into the foreground just a tad (60% transparency of that cover mask).
Shes far too bootiful not to be :)

Radiator: Shes far too underpowered ! :) Nice tones and art tho !

Simon Penter: She is gorgeous, nice inks :)

soulboyluis: Sorry dont mean to offend but Dave Gibbons art was tiptop as it was!
Never rub another mans rhubarb