Main Menu

New Dark Tower Novel. 2012.

Started by Kerrin, 12 March, 2011, 06:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

To be called "Wind Through the Keyhole", Stephen King will be adding to his saga in 2012. Not my personal favourite from King but I know there are some big fans of this here. More info about where this fits into the series from the author himself on his site...

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/wind_through_the_keyhole/announcement/

strontium_dog_90

The one he's releasing this year sounds pretty good, too - time travel and past changing, seems to have a really good premise

Keef Monkey

That's interesting, I do love The Dark Tower in a major, major way. It means I'm looking forward to this but a little apprehensive about whether it needs anything added to it. I'm intrigued.

Mardroid

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 12 March, 2011, 06:47:33 PM
That's interesting, I do love The Dark Tower in a major, major way. It means I'm looking forward to this but a little apprehensive about whether it needs anything added to it. I'm intrigued.

Yeah, I'm very much looking forward to it too, but I do feel a bit apprehensive too.

Mainly the placement I guess (between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla). The problem with prequels and, um, midequals* is that contradictions it might impose on the latter books. On the other hand I think it might delve into a bit more Mid-World history, which should be interesting.

Overall, I'm glad.

*I'm sure I've actually seen that word, or something similar on wikipedia or some-such. My browser spell-checker doesn't like it though. Heh.

Richmond Clements