Main Menu

'What's the point in small press superheroes?' Bristol Comic Expo panel

Started by Graham Pearce, 10 May, 2011, 05:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Pearce

Hey guys, I just wanted to make everyone aware of a very exciting panel that is taking place this Saturday at the Bristol Comics Expo. Not only is it hosted by the lovelly Stacey Whittle but it's my first ever appearance on a panel!!!

the full details are below or at http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/event.php?eid=212839678740061...

"What's the point in small press superheroes?"
Saturday, May 14 ยท 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel

With superhero comics dominating the mainstream for the last 50 years and countless superhero titles published every month, why would a small press creator spend their own time and money producing more stories in this genre?

Former small press and current Image Comics creator, Paul Grist (The Weird World of Jack Staff), is joined by Graham Pearce (Sgt Mike Battle), Matthew Craig (Trixie Biker) and Daniel Clifford (Sugar Glider) to discuss whether they're adding to an already flooded market or providing an interesting alternative.

Moderated by Stacey Whittle, one of the hosts of the Small Press Big Mouth podcast.

So, who's gonna be there?

Graham
Twitter: @mrgrahampearce
www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk

Dandontdare

Sounds interesting, but it may be a dash to get there after the 2000ad panel at noon in the Ramada.

Bolt-01

stacey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 May, 2011, 10:13:08 AM
Sounds interesting, but it may be a dash to get there after the 2000ad panel at noon in the Ramada.

Me too DDD, going to have to leg it over and miss the last 15mins of 2000ad panel. I hope someones taping it!

Graham Pearce

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 May, 2011, 10:21:53 AM
Never mind the panel- is there a new comic?
if you're referring to SGT MIKE BATTLE then yes, issue #16 will be available this weekend. But feel free to discuss it at http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,32906.0.html
www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk

Graham Pearce

www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk