Main Menu

nintendo ds recomended games?

Started by mogzilla, 23 May, 2011, 06:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

we're having a mad ebay do at the mo and mini mog has decided that the cash she makes from our stuff( hows that work then?) is going towards the ds she wants

ive seen second hand pink uns on gamestation and the like
shes getting nintendogs etc but i was wondering what games anyone can recommend for dad to play when i borrow it  quite fancy some rpg goodness but will give owt a try.

Greg M.

Hmm.... off the top of my head...

Chronotrigger (one of the greatest RPGS of all time... originally a SNES title that was never released over here.)
The World Ends With You
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Er... Pokemon Platinum (yes, really.)

And on the non-RPG front:

Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

radiator

The DS is a wonderful piece of kit - and one that is totally underrated as a 'serious' games machine. I've only just retired my trusty DS Lite after 5 years of service - it's been usupred by the iPhone now.

I couldn't possibly list every single fantastic game on the platform - off the top of my head, there's:

Picross
Picross 3d
Rhythm Heaven
Dragon Quest 4,5
Final Fantasy 3,4
New Super Mario Bros.
Peggle
Plants Vs Zombies
Professor Layton series
Both Zelda games
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Scribblenauts

...probably hundreds of others. I'll list some more when I've had a think.

TordelBack

Stuff I've enjoyed massively on the DS:

Advance Wars:  Dual Strike and Dark Conflict (just say goodbye to any free time, ever)
Lego Star Wars (just getting through is easy, and thus great for little kids - actually completing everything is a huge task)
Age of Empires: Mythologies (a few frustrating levels, but suprisingly engaging unit animations and interesting strategy)
Space Invaders Extreme (don't knock it 'til you've tried it - it's crazy stuff)
Professor Layton (probably shouldn't work, but boy does it ever suck you in).

I actually think the DS is one of the most remarkable platforms I've ever had access to.  The fact that my boy has been loving it from the age of 4, as well as my mother at 68, and me at 40 really says something - and that the same basic black unit has served all three of us without complaint for several years now.

Tiplodocus

Grand Theft Auto is pretty good fun. I can't drive which seriously cramps my progress though.

Definitely ADVANCE WARS (though I wasn't as sold on dual strike) and ZELDA. 

Tiny Tips also recommends Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift if you like RPGs.

If you get a DS lite, you can also play old Gameboy Advance Games. Again, any Advance Wars is good (I think 2 is my favourite)  and Rebel Star Command.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jared Katooie

New Super Mario Bros.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Elite Beat Agents

Chrono Trigger

and don't forget you can play Gameboy Advance games on the DS too...

Mario and Luigi Supersar Saga

Warioware Inc. (One of my top 5 games of all time)

Advance Wars 2

River City Ransom EX

etc. etc. etc.

Darren Stephens

I quite liked the Zeldas, New Super Mario and Mario Kart. Henry Hatsworth was fun. Zookeeper, Meteos and Tetris for the puzzly side of things. GTA: Chinatown wars is cool, too.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

mogzilla

some good suggestions thanks, i noticed a broken sword game in game today so if thats out there i may have to indulge...

radiator

I loved Henry Hatsworth, but it just got too hard toward the end and I gave up both times I played through it.

James Stacey

its not a DS game but you can play it on it. If you haven't played Zelda: Minish Cap for the GBA .. you must!

judgerufian

Also posting great thumbs up for advance wars 1&2, theres simply so much to do in the campaigns and then the unlockable maps, dual strike is good but dont go for the terrible latest instalment, it squeezed all the fun out of war....

mogzilla

Got her a pink ds lite today from gamestation and somehow saved a tenner! shes got nintendogs (golden labrador edition)
,disney's bolt and one where she gets to be a vet without bankrupting me and the wife!