Main Menu

Ask the Hivemind!

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 05 June, 2011, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

They have what they call, "bottles" of magnetism, I think.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry AHAHAHA, Lee.  ;)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

I was dreading clicking on this thread for the backlash thinking that i had started an argument and then thinking that it may have been easier to not say anything at all.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I wouldn't worry Peter, as you well know, scientists never make any mistakes that harm people!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 June, 2011, 03:23:43 PM
I wouldn't worry Peter, as you well know, scientists never make any mistakes that harm people!

Not like soldiers, eh?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hoagy

I thought I closed the door on this discussion with my hydrogen/anti-hydrogen joke. It's supposed to be a but of intellectual fun. You have to keep going at it PW. I wouldn't mind but it makes me look like I've served up internet mayhem on purpose. Apply the overtly serious brakes will you?  ::)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes Jim soldiers do make mistakes and these usually have a fatal outcome! It comes with the job, mainly in the heat of battle when their lives are on the line. After all, a soldiers job no matter what their secondary trade me be, is to kill the enemy and that's putting it bluntly.

During the troubles we had to carry a white card that said that you could not fire upon a paramilitary person unless you had been fired upon first. Rules are rules and no matter how daft that one was, we still had to obey it, otherwise we'd probably go down the old court marshall route and then be out of a job!

A scientist on the other hand is supposed to do many checks before whatever they have been working on is safe for the public but that never truly happens now does it! I suppose they may want to get their findings published and so take liberties, after all it ain't gonna get them killed now is it.

Fancy comparing the mistakes that a soldier might make to that of what a scientist might make. You might as well compare a lollipop persons mistakes to that of a letterer! After all they have to deal with numerous hazards in their work including traffic, people, weather, etc.. while a letterer will be sat in a room with a deadline. It hardly compares now does it!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Mmm. All too serious, chaps.

Hivemind:

Why is it easier to use a towel on two wet hands, rather than just the one wet hand?
Lock up your spoons!

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 June, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
During the troubles we had to carry a white card that said that you could not fire upon a paramilitary person unless you had been fired upon first.

I love the fact that this is so complicated they had to give you a card! Did your gun come with a card that said "point hole at enemy"?

COMMANDO FORCES

Which hole DDD, see how complicated weapons are  ;)

Peter Wolf

Why were sharks bigger in prehistoric times than now ?

I have just seen a fossilised sharks tooth that must have been 3" inches long.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Zarjazzer

@Peter Wolf -not all sharks were huge even in the dinosaur age when they were prey of truly monstrous marine reptiles. The large shark tooth may be from a Megalodon a huge 60 foot shark that swam only two million years ago in the oceans but it was out competed by new evolving species such as Orcas (killer whales), and is thankfully (for those who like a ocean swim), no longer around, at least no one 's seen one lately...
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

I, Cosh

Giant squids ate the lot.
We never really die.

vzzbux

The Hammerhead shark is the newest in the evolution of the shark (according to The National Geographic Channel) Only a measly 30 million years old.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Zarjazzer

Here's some of the weirdy sharks I like the whorl shark though the position of it's teeth is just speculation.

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/08/04/the-ten-weirdest-sharks-ever/
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 June, 2011, 09:51:38 PM
Hivemind, why do you sometimes get a single bolt and washer threaded into a pavement?

Lacking as I do a sense of humour (or noticable refractory period, yeah baby), I'll offer an answer to this one:  It's probably a temporary survey point, either for a traverse or a total station resection or (more likely in these days of differential GPS) as a fixed point for periodic measurement of shifting levels/positions.  And they say I've no transferrable skills, pah.