Main Menu

Thank You... Ron!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 28 August, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKD

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2012, 05:39:33 PM

Thanks - bring me a gallon of whiskey and a revolver.

If your doing shots, count me in. :D 

Woolly

Re-sent the email Sharky. Christ, but I'm an idiot!

The Legendary Shark

I feel that I should apologise for my last post as it was a little negative.

This has been a strange project - very different in mood to the Carlos Project. It's led me into some odd places and strange conversations and exchanges and I think that's wrong-footed me a bit. But I do love this project very much.

Now, I obviously can't speak for Ron but I can imagine being in his position. All that artwork that he made, artwork that just about all of us have in our collections (both physical and mental) and now there's no more to come. Never to open a comic or newspaper and see your own work again. No more calls from editors with Big Ideas or writers with Bigger Notions. That would make me at least a little sad, cast a little shadow over my life. I know that Carlos was in a bit of shadow too and that's where the two projects are really the same and share the same goal.

We're not just making a little comic here, or a thank you card or sending happy retirement wishes. In my mind, we're making a candle.

That's why I love this project so much and that's why I'm sorry about my earlier negative comment.

(And no - I'm not drunk!)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

DoomBot

Quote from: pops1983 on 17 February, 2012, 11:05:06 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2012, 10:58:25 PM
(... I'm not drunk!)

I AM

I'm getting there....

Sharky,  very well said. Every project worth doing has its challenges. I'm glad you've chosen to take this one on. It really is worth doing

flintlockjaw

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2012, 10:58:25 PM
I feel that I should apologise for my last post as it was a little negative.

This has been a strange project - very different in mood to the Carlos Project. It's led me into some odd places and strange conversations and exchanges and I think that's wrong-footed me a bit. But I do love this project very much.

Now, I obviously can't speak for Ron but I can imagine being in his position. All that artwork that he made, artwork that just about all of us have in our collections (both physical and mental) and now there's no more to come. Never to open a comic or newspaper and see your own work again. No more calls from editors with Big Ideas or writers with Bigger Notions. That would make me at least a little sad, cast a little shadow over my life. I know that Carlos was in a bit of shadow too and that's where the two projects are really the same and share the same goal.

We're not just making a little comic here, or a thank you card or sending happy retirement wishes. In my mind, we're making a candle.

That's why I love this project so much and that's why I'm sorry about my earlier negative comment.

(And no - I'm not drunk!)

You're doing a great job! Thank Grud the forums are full of caring members like yourself.

The Legendary Shark

Things are just about done, now - just one more thing to come and we're away.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about the delay, so I thought I'd give you a little present based on the simply stunning cover image created by Colin MacNeil as a thank you for putting up with all these delays.

And so, without further ado and with the kind permission of Mr MacNeil, a desktop wallpaper sized 1280x1024; Into the White
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

dracula1

Awesome effort Mr. Shark and what a treat with the cover reveal ... beautiful work by Colin. That's straight onto my HTC and laptop!  :D

David Frankum

Heath C Ackley

Excellent. I'm sure the man will love it.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

DoomBot

That's a great cover. Looking forward to seeing the finished thing - get on with it man!

Only kidding of course  :)

SKD

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 March, 2012, 12:01:16 AM
I'm feeling a bit guilty about the delay, so I thought I'd give you a little present based on the simply stunning cover image created by Colin MacNeil as a thank you for putting up with all these delays.

First off - Don't feel guilty. If not for you (your enthusiasm and drive) this project would not exist. If not for you and your commitment, I, and many others who have contributed to this special project, would not now be grinning like Cheshire cats at Colins wonderful cover art. I've always thought that when it's done, it's done. And not a moment before.... So no rush. I'm proud to have been part of this tribute and if we should we ever meet, I owe you a beer (or two)

Secondly - Colins cover.... Wow! Thanks Mr Shark.

Stew. :D

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SKD on 01 March, 2012, 09:39:10 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 March, 2012, 12:01:16 AM

First off - Don't feel guilty. If not for you (your enthusiasm and drive) this project would not exist. If not for you and your commitment, I, and many others who have contributed to this special project, would not now be grinning like Cheshire cats at Colins wonderful cover art. I've always thought that when it's done, it's done. And not a moment before.... So no rush. I'm proud to have been part of this tribute and if we should we ever meet, I owe you a beer (or two)

Secondly - Colins cover.... Wow! Thanks Mr Shark.

Stew. :D

Couldn't have put it better.  Never feel guilty, sir, in my book at least you are this board's finest member. (Fnarr)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Large48

Now I don't want to sound negative, but when I last met Ron he wasn't overly talkative about when he was flying Spitfires.........  :o

Do we really want to remind him of that?

Although the artwork is lovely.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

dracula1

Didn't know this fact. What a man. A man of action in reality and a true artist who  rendered beautifully complex action sequences.