Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Quote from: JWare on 23 October, 2022, 04:33:56 PM
I lost the badges and the wallet, I have forgotten the passwords, but I paid my dues (30p postal order IIRC) back in the day.
So am I or am I not still a member of the Dennis the Menace Fan Club?

Remembering the passwords to the Dennis the Menace Fan Club helped me meet my wife. They're like, the worst easiest passwords ever.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Damn.
If middle age hadn't stolen my memory, maybe I'd have met your wife.
[Sorry]
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Link Prime

Missed the conclusion to TFFT - what did ye vote for in the end? Pandora Perfect?  ::)

JohnW

They don't call her pefect for nothing.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Before was was was, was was is.
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

This doesn't have anything to do with Peter Piper selling seashells, does it?

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Mister Pops on 26 October, 2022, 07:06:14 PM

That's awesome, because before is was is, is was was. But, hang on, shouldn't it be after was was was, was was is? Or, before was was is, was was was?
My brain's 'urtin agin.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Tangentially, singular "they" was apparently in use for about 400 years before some pedants starting complaining about it (about 300 years ago). The pedants are revolting.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 October, 2022, 09:26:22 PM

That's awesome, because before is was is, is was was. But, hang on, shouldn't it be after was was was, was was is? Or, before was was is, was was was?
My brain's 'urtin agin.

Surely, before was was was was was has been, then was was was was; and is was was was but was wasn't is. Is will be will be, but that's another story

The Legendary Shark

This is all too tense for me.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 October, 2022, 10:30:52 PMThe pedants are revolting.

Nice.

Also tangentally, I've just set mousetraps and finally killed the mice running round inside my ceiling for the last couple of months.  Got to say, I feel like a bit of a bastard about it but at least I didn't torture them till their very last breath like cats do, and I still like cats.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

The mice had it coming.
It was was you or the mice.
That's what you tell yourself to keep the nightmares at bay.

Hawkmumbler

Art Spiegleman will come a'knocking with a bat and some rusty nails if you keep this up.

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 October, 2022, 07:10:59 AM
Got to say, I feel like a bit of a bastard about it but at least I didn't torture them till their very last breath like cats do, and I still like cats.

This cartoon came to mind after reading your post.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/AnoukTheNinjaCat/posts/pfbid02thHuKwY9kkw2RnmMc21kpPmuysSSWrMVnDtozoumSYK7Y9QCA1cqtSydnPMZjmm4l

JayzusB.Christ

I did try an ultrasonic device - about as much use as your proverbial chocolate fireguard.  I even tried letting my neighbour's cat wander about, hoping its scent would scare them off, but that was about as effective as the cat in Paddy's cartoon.

Sorry, lads. Meeces to pieces it is. I hope they didn't suffer,  nor mutate and take revenge come the Apocalypse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"