Main Menu

Charley's War Vol IX: Death From Above

Started by SmallBlueThing, 10 November, 2012, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

...is out and in my bag. And i am on my way home to fix lunch for my boys, make pot of tea, and relax for the whole afternoon reading it!

SBT

Colin YNWA

Uh I've had my eye out for that. Delighted to hear it here. For once I've thought ahead and not put it on my X-Mas list so I can get it as soon as... can't wait. Only one to go...

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing

Yep, they're only going as far as the end of the Pat Mills episodes. Vol 10 will be the last.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Not wishing to spin this off at a tangent but how long did it continue after Pat Mills left? Was there much material (I know it went onto the second World War didn't it) and was it all Joe Colquhoun? If so and if sales are still high this time next year I wonder if they might be tempted to keep going. Would that be worth it? I hear it all gets a bit rubbish???

SmallBlueThing

Pat's run ends on 26/01/1985 in Battle Action Force #517. The very next week in #518, the series continues, sans Pat but still with Joe, and finally ends 04/10/1986 after a further 87 episodes (BAF #605). So, if collected in the same format about another three volumes.

Be nice, wouldnt it? If even as paperbacks distinct from the Pat volumes.

SBT

Nap Normal

I picked up my copy today. I have to say I love these books!! I Plan to read mine after lunch.   
Falling in love makes you fat.

The Prodigal

vzzbux

Will get mine off the missus for christmas as I have every year for along time.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

Glad that these are going down well- i wish they'd release cheaper paperback versions, or a monthly newsagent comic version like those recent 'best of fleetway' things- something that i could get for the kids without worrying the pages arent going to get torn. We read volume one as a bedtime story recently. I thought they'd be bored and nothing would stick. However, they appeared to love it and today when we were talking about the remembrance services, my youngest reckoned we should be on the look out 'for charley and his mates'- which brought a lump to my throat, i dont mind admitting.

SBT

The Prodigal

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 11 November, 2012, 10:26:15 AM
Glad that these are going down well- i wish they'd release cheaper paperback versions, or a monthly newsagent comic version like those recent 'best of fleetway' things- something that i could get for the kids without worrying the pages arent going to get torn. We read volume one as a bedtime story recently. I thought they'd be bored and nothing would stick. However, they appeared to love it and today when we were talking about the remembrance services, my youngest reckoned we should be on the look out 'for charley and his mates'- which brought a lump to my throat, i dont mind admitting.

SBT

It brought a lump to mine n'all fella.

dracula1

If this book features even a page of Bellardinelli's work i'm purchasing it at Thought Bubble  :D