Main Menu

Batman: Gotham After Midnight

Started by SmallBlueThing, 22 November, 2012, 08:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Now then, this should really go in 'Help!' i guess, but i know for a fact there are some boarders who dont read those lower subforums.
I recently bought all twelve issues of the titular series (doug moench and kelley jones) off ebay, from three different sellers. All paid for and waiting for delivery.
Then.
I get an email from one seller saying they'd refunded me the three quid i paid for #2 because, on inspecting it, the last two pages were found to be torn and they "couldnt sell in that condition".
Now- i a rwandan first and foremost. In this case i dont care, as long as it's readable. Im left with ten comics i cant read (3-12) until ive paid over the odds for #2. Cheapest i can find is six notes, otherwise it's import for fifteen-ish! Firstly, shouldnt they have given me the opportunity to cancel or accept, not just refunded without asking? And secondly, has anyone got a copy of said comic hanging about in whatever state, so i can read the fucker?

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Reader, not Rwandan! Fuckssakes!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

And- STEVE NILES and Kelley Jones, not Doug Moench. I'd just read #1 of Moench and Jones's 'Haunted Gotham' while on the bum, and had the two mixed up.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Fucking hell, "while on the bum"? I mean, of course "on the bog". The one is considerably different to the other. "Do you mind if i call you back in five minutes mum, i'm on the bum" wouldn't go down too well with my Daily Mail-reading parents.

SBT

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Trout

This thread is like looking at a man's slow descent into madness.

Because it is.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done your parents reading the Daily Mail :D

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 22 November, 2012, 08:02:32 PM
Firstly, shouldnt they have given me the opportunity to cancel or accept, not just refunded without asking?
SBT

Yes. That is what I would have done.
Can't you ask them to sell it to you anyway?

SmallBlueThing

Despite ebay giving me no possible opportunity to respond to their message informing me they'd refunded (along with their cursory one and a half line explanation why) and going as far as to tell me not to, i found their email elsewhere and fired off a strongly worded request that they do just this. The shitty customer service i've received so far gives me no hope that they will do so. This means i'll be ging my first negative feedback in about eight years- despite almost doing so for a comic that arrived the other week, unbagged, unboarded, rolled, and shoved in a flimsy envelope. The only reason i didnt is because two issues of the same run arrived and later, when i sat down to bang out a complaint, i couldnt remember which was which. The other had arrived bagged and boarded, so i didnt want to rant at the wrong company.

SBT