Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

Flipping hurrar! Until we see Dredd2 this is my fav thing to watch :)

Theblazeuk

I would never have guessed that I would ever say the same thing after the first few episodes convinced it was always going to be nothing but fluff with a mild connection that compelled me to watch.

However everything since episode 16 has been really good. Particularly when making use of Bill Paxton.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah. I was one who drunkenly huffed off this thread earlier in frustration but the missus insist we carry on (or rather - I just didn't leave the room when she watched it because I'm lazy) and it slowly has gotten a lot stronger. That one recently where [spoiler]Skye is trapped in the secret base[/spoiler] really illustrates the problem though - that [spoiler]B-plot where the rest of them were all fannying about with Coulson's love interest[/spoiler] was cheesy as hell and reeallly horrible but the Skye section was enthralling and tense.

Yet the next episode after that (and to the end of the series) they've been right on target and not meandering and there's continuity cake and good action bits - [spoiler]when the flying car thing happened I squealed like a hog[/spoiler] and I started to think "maybe, despite what I originally thought this has been worth all the crap". But I mean - there was A LOT of crap and it kind of irritates me that BY sharpening it up now they're showing they intentionally weren't doing it earlier - which is risky business. Were it not for the multi-million movie franchise and DisneyMarvel Money they'd be toast. Dead toast.

If you ignore the network telly cheese and just look at it as an achievement though it's pretty damned impressive. Can't imagine it happening in any other decade - several major blockbuster movies also tying into an on-going TV series? That's pretty amazing. I have to say  I've been turned around and I did think right at the start "hopefully this is going to be one of those 'the first season is kind of flat but stick with it' type shows"

UNLESS IT ISN'T.

Dunk!

Agent Carter series announced!

Hayley Atwell in 40's garb? *sigh* if one must.
"Trust we"

Proudhuff

I mumped my gums at the start too, but i now like how they have went[spoiler] for the full throttle destruct mode[/spoiler], yes there's bit that annoy (take the flying car don't walk!) but given who turns out to be the[spoiler] double agent [/spoiler] and the tie ins its all good telly.
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Been a bit cautious about coming onto this thread as we're watching it on Channel 4 so might be a little behind some folk, but the last couple of weeks we've been loving it round my bit. It's been coasting for a while, but always a fun enough little diversion every week, but me and Amy were really excited when the big reveals started happening and I have to say getting together on the couch to sit and watch the show weekly has been lovely. With everything else we watch being Netflix we're pretty wishy washy about when we watch stuff so having something that's the same time every week that we're both excited to see is really nice, and regardless of the quality of the episodes is a bit of a highlight of my week.

Bit mushy, but there you go.

Montynero

With the eteranl optimism of the perennially disappointed I say to you "YAY! Agent Carter - the Agents of Shield series we all wanted in the first place!!"

This will ROCK!!

Goaty

Of course, [spoiler]who else Fury pick to be project leader for TAHITI![/spoiler]

That's nice twist! Great Episode and love the car scene!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Goaty on 16 May, 2014, 08:56:31 PM
Of course, [spoiler]who else Fury pick to be project leader for TAHITI![/spoiler]

That's nice twist! Great Episode and love the car scene!

Inded very enjoyable
DDT did a job on me

Proteus4

I only ever watched the first episode - you mean I have to watch it now?? I just watched Cap America:winter soldier - it was great. I'm guessing it will have to have an impact on this series, though?

Cheers
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

IndigoPrime

Yep—direct crossover. SHIELD's actually quite good now. Quite the surprise.

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

New billboard for Season 2.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bolt-01

It would be very clever if the climax of Coulson's mental issues are instrumental in the build-up to the new avengers film...