Main Menu

"A Slippery Slope"- or - "Please Help Out A Poor Completist"...

Started by inkymonkey, 13 June, 2013, 04:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Hey there all,

In the process of building up a collection of 2000AD with - horrors! - all free gifts and flyers, inserts and other rarities of note.  Of which there seems to be a lot.  And a lot of them didn't make it down here to Australia.

I have a list (which, quite frankly, terrifies me - mainly due to its length)...  At the moment, it's mostly from #700 and on that I'm looking, and if anyone's interested, I can post it (at the risk of servers crashing).

Soooo - at the risk of house and home (mine, that is) - is anyone able to help out a Poor Completist?

...or shall I just seek professional psychiatric help?

Cheers all!

betel_uk

Proudhuff

Quote from: inkymonkey on 13 June, 2013, 04:47:41 AM
Hey there all,

In the process of building up a collection of 2000AD with - horrors! - all free gifts and flyers, inserts and other rarities of note.  Of which there seems to be a lot.  And a lot of them didn't make it down here to Australia.

I have a list (which, quite frankly, terrifies me - mainly due to its length)...  At the moment, it's mostly from #700 and on that I'm looking, and if anyone's interested, I can post it (at the risk of servers crashing).

Soooo - at the risk of house and home (mine, that is) - is anyone able to help out a Poor Completist?

...or shall I just seek professional psychiatric help?

Cheers all!

have you seen the 'Spines' thread?  :o that should re-assure you that you're amongst friends here  (mostly)

Post your list, someone here will reach out I'm sure  :D
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

Quote from: inkymonkey on 13 June, 2013, 04:47:41 AM
In the process of building up a collection of 2000AD with - horrors! - all free gifts and flyers, inserts and other rarities of note. 

Just the prog, or you going for the Meg as well?
But nice one - and happy hunting! I too tracked down the free gifts a few years ago (most can be bought quite cheaply if your prepared to take your time a bit).
Never bothered with the non-2000ad related free gifts though.

James Stacey

I've got some boxes of post 700 progs. Some have freebies some don't. You can have them for the price of posting but I am in the uk so that might not be too cheap.

Simon Beigh

Sold nearly 9kg of Dandy comics to a nice person in Lithuania. I used http://www.interparcel.com/ to send them and cost about £30. Oz would be more, I suspect, but worth taking a look.

inkymonkey

Quotehave you seen the 'Spines' thread?  :o that should re-assure you that you're amongst friends here  (mostly)

Proudhuff, thank you, I feel so much more normal now, the Case Files spines have never worried me.

Having said that, I'm just going to pop up to the attic bookshelves and make sure that's still the case.  I'll get back to you...

inkymonkey

...nope, all good, no spine-related issues.

QuoteI've got some boxes of post 700 progs. Some have freebies some don't. You can have them for the price of posting but I am in the uk so that might not be too cheap.

Cheers James, thank you for the kind offer!  I'll PM you...