Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Matt 'the other' Wagner  (Read 14819 times)

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Matt 'the other' Wagner
« Reply #90 on: 26 August, 2022, 10:02:33 AM »
Volume 2 is due for release on 14th September for those who are waiting for it.

sintec

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 26 August, 2022, 10:15:23 AM »
Damn it I'm tying not to buy more books until I finish the DIY that will let me have bookshelves. This however will be difficult to resist (as will a long list of other books, better get that DIY done).

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 26 August, 2022, 12:45:41 PM »
Volume 2 is the Christine Sparr stuff I think (I have the original comics) and to my mind  when you get into the art which took me some time, is some of my favourite ever comics.

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 26 August, 2022, 03:52:33 PM »
Volume 2 is the Christine Sparr stuff I think (I have the original comics) and to my mind  when you get into the art which took me some time, is some of my favourite ever comics.

Excellent! I was wondering what you and other folk here considered the best eras of the strip.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 26 August, 2022, 05:21:44 PM »

Excellent! I was wondering what you and other folk here considered the best eras of the strip.

Read down thread there a load of longwinded blather from me discussing my last re-read.

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 26 August, 2022, 07:18:10 PM »
Will do Colin!

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 27 September, 2022, 09:27:42 PM »
Not actually Matt Wagner. Rather I'm here to talk about Grendal Tales - The Devil May Care by Terry laBan and Peter Doherty of these pastues. Its really quite brilliant.

Basically a Shakespearean tragedy cast against a Grendal Klan in Indianapolis about to host the Indianapolis 5000 as the Klan leader falls in star crossed love with a hospital doctor and starts to lose control of his Khan. Its epic stuff told on the small intermit scale and superb.

Peter Doherty's art is hot and dusty as you'd expect and with perfect character work carrys the story immaculately.

I mean it might not be Wagner but its the next best thing. Highly recommended.

13school

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 28 September, 2022, 06:41:22 AM »
Seems Netflix has dumped the Grendel TV series part-way through production (though another streaming service might pick it up and finish it). Not good news.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 28 September, 2022, 07:59:57 AM »
Seems Netflix has dumped the Grendel TV series part-way through production (though another streaming service might pick it up and finish it). Not good news.

Oh no that's rubbish! I wonder what went wrong???

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 28 September, 2022, 02:06:16 PM »
Selfishly I hope this doesn’t affect the reprinting of the Omnibi since I just finally committed to collecting the things!

Just started on the first volume last night. It’s a strange way to start reading the series, with what is effectively a long recap of a storyline I haven’t read, but without any context or info on what Grendel or the Wolf are or why they’re enemies etc. Great visuals, although I prefer a more traditional comic approach so looking forward to starting the next section, which seems to comprise lots of short stories with guest artists.

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 28 September, 2022, 03:54:54 PM »
Omnibus 3 due out in January by the looks of things.