Main Menu

The Coolest

Started by JamesC, 30 April, 2014, 06:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Nirvana definitely played Norwich Arts Centre so probably Cambridge Corn Exchange too.

Manic Street Preachers also played NAC - site of the famous '4 REAL' incident.

Skullmo

Really??? So the things I think are my opinion?

well  . . .  I never knew that!

Eyes opened .  . .

Enlightenment here I come!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 May, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Eyes opened .  . .

Get off your high cat Skullmo, the feller didn't mean any harm. He was quoting from The Big Lebowski.

I think Nirvana are completely over-rated too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Skullmo

Quote from: Spaceghost on 01 May, 2014, 03:51:31 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 01 May, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Eyes opened .  . .

Get off your high cat Skullmo, the feller didn't mean any harm. He was quoting from The Big Lebowski.

I think Nirvana are completely over-rated too.

I was joking! I never get upset with the forum!

I have a disclaimer at the end of my posts to cover my opinions as well!
It's a joke. I was joking.

ZenArcade

Skulmo, it was an attempt at a joke...sorry if it irked you. The thread is a fairly light hearted thing, nothing to fall out over. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Old Tankie

Quote from: JamesC on 01 May, 2014, 03:42:03 PM
Nirvana definitely played Norwich Arts Centre so probably Cambridge Corn Exchange too.

Manic Street Preachers also played NAC - site of the famous '4 REAL' incident.

Thanks for that.  I got curious so had to WhatsApp the lad to confirm things.  1994 - Oasis was supporting Ride and Jesus and Mary Chain in London; he saw the Verve supporting Smashing Pumpkins in 1993 in Cambridge; Keane(?) he saw them in a small pub in Nottingham; oh! and apparently I was with him in a tiny pub in Leicester in 1998 when a band called Coldplay took to the stage (did anything come of them?!!)

Frank

Quote from: Old Tankie on 01 May, 2014, 05:30:33 PM
apparently I was with him in a tiny pub in Leicester in 1998 when a band called Coldplay took to the stage (did anything come of them?!!)

Nothing good.

Old Tankie

8-Ball

Quote from: JamesC on 30 April, 2014, 06:16:48 PM
I It took a bit longer before I thought any female pop stars were cool, because of course when I was a kid I didn't like girls. Kim Wilde made me feel funny though - as did Wendy James a few years later.
I remember knowing that I was supposed to think Annie Lennox was cool because I got a Eurythmics sticker in a packet of Weetabix - but I didn't like her because she had a boys haircut.

In the spirit of bringing some much needed levity to the topic (and since JamesC mentioned it first) my first pop crushes were Vix (the lead singer from Fuzzbox) http://youtu.be/B_72Y9L7DAk, Tiffany http://youtu.be/w6Q3mHyzn78 and Vanessa Paradis http://youtu.be/pwKn6fhtxtQ.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Daveycandlish

Back in the late 70s/early 80s I thought Madness were so bluddy cool. Still are. I wish I suited a pork pie hat.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Karl Stephan

Nirvana clone here. I relapse every so often, pop in In Utero and stop washing my hair for a a couple of days. What's left of it, that is.