Main Menu

Dark Judges shoulder pads

Started by Mangamax, 05 January, 2015, 05:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Hey all, bit of a trivial post here but interested to see what folk think.
Just started a Judge Fear model and minds turning to the colour scheme for the fella. Most parts i know what i'm going to do, but the bear-trap shoulder pads offer up a variety of ways to go, and i was wondering what those in the know think.
So, how'd you see them in the "real world"?:
dirty yellow,
dirty gold,
a muted tan/brown affair,
bone,
metallic.

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

I, Cosh

Not something I've ever considered but I'd go with a rusted metal look. Bad enough you get your arm bitten but. Then you've got to worry about tetanus into the bargain!
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 January, 2015, 06:43:00 AMThen you've got to worry about Tetanus into the bargain!

I can't keep up with the IDW stuff...

But yeah, rusty metal.

Zenith 666

Can we get Pictures when finished please.

Colin YNWA

Yeah they're real functioning devices so I'd defo go with rusted metal... for whatever that's worth!

Ghost MacRoth

Leathery skin with bone detailing.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Zenith 666

Is this a scratch build or the dark world creations 70mm figure.

Fungus

Saw this thread title, and thought "Oh -- Art Comp, Judge Fire". 'Cos his "eagle" pad varies..... Look it up!

Mangamax

Ta for the ponters folks  ;)
Zenith, 'tis indeed the Dark Creations figure and, yup, i'll put up a pic when done.
Really like the idea of them being actual traps and he could rip them off and use them if needed, so am going tetanus-inducing metals
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mangamax on 05 January, 2015, 03:40:19 PM
Really like the idea of them being actual traps and he could rip them off and use them if needed, so am going tetanus-inducing metals

In my head he's done just that... though for the life of me can't remember when or where so might have imagined it but I'm sure we've seen him use one of the traps on his shoulders?

JamesC

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 January, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

In my head he's done just that... though for the life of me can't remember when or where so might have imagined it but I'm sure we've seen him use one of the traps on his shoulders?

Doesn't he have traps hanging from his belt for that?

Link Prime

I'm certain that Anderson was on the receiving end of a shoulder trap, in an early Anderson PSI Division story. Can't find any pics to prove it.

Cue The Cosh / Dark Jimbo / Greg M / Sauchie...

Fungus

Quote from: JamesC on 05 January, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

Doesn't he have traps hanging from his belt for that?

Likely belt, yes (how uncomfortable  :) ).

The shoulder 'pads' don't go anywhere.

James Stacey

I love the way Anderson exclaims 'mantrap!' rather than 'Aaaagh fuckitgetitoffme'

Steve Green

They hang from the belt and then grow to full size when thrown.