Main Menu

The Birmingham Comics Festival

Started by Ghastly McNasty, 17 January, 2015, 10:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

A good beginning for an enjoyable event.

The Ian Kennedy panel was criminally under attended, there may have been 7 of us in a huge hall, but it was great. Speaking in a soft scottish accent Ian told stories of his career and expressed a humble bemusement at the praise being heaped on his life's work. He definitely is an artist still in love with just creating, "The Agony and the Ecstasy" as he jokingly called it.

Hopefully an attendance at Thought Bubble is on the cards so more of us British Comic fans of a certain art can tell this great artist how much joy his work has given people through the years.

Good to see the folks i did plus a few new faces, let's do it all again at ICE in Sept.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

matty_ae

Hi guys

Good to meet Simon, Phill and Bolt-On.

I was only there a couple of hours and spent most of it around Ian who signed all my books patiently.
Picked up the last two Zarjaz and there were absolute stand-out stories in both - the Anderson and Judicial love affair were both great - so support it if you haven't.

Bolt-01

Cheers Matty- Grand to meet you too.

Just had a nice piece up via Down the Tubes...

FQP In Brum!

And the Gronk was there too!

Link Prime

That's a handsome looking set-up, Bolt.

Has FQP ever come over to Ireland?

Bolt-01

Hey, Link. We've been asked (Mostly by Mike C and PJ) to make the effort and I know that I really should as well. This year is out as there are family things going on and kids hitting exam age and all that, but we WILL be there eventually.

And I'll be pimping the heck out of it on this here board when it happens, too.

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 April, 2015, 11:28:41 AM
And I'll be pimping the heck out of it on this here board when it happens, too.

Good stuff- and I shall aid that pimpage locally!