Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent FCBD Mini Meet Up - 2nd May - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 15 April, 2015, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

That was a really enjoyable Saturday.

Was good catching up with Souther regulars and meeting droids the first time such as Mick McMahon, Pye-Parr (who joined us in the boozer), the 2000AD Tumblr droid and plenty of forum posters and lurkers.

Here are the droids kindly posing for me. Er, hello... this way.

Master at work.

I know Ben Willsher is fast but I was amazed how he knocked up that page of artwork at the signing. Actually was quite amused when I saw him finishing off already published artwork for a fan (filling in black to the edge of the page). Spikes joined in on the signing.

These guys don't charge for commissions:

I think I had the hottest meal on the Punjab menu. Man, that was hot. Who do I invoice for the ceramic repair work? Actually, surprisingly I was fine the next day.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 May, 2015, 04:05:20 PM
That wasn't the hottest, you are just WEAK! :P
Well what did you have? Chicken Korma "but go easy on the spices, please".
:)

Spikes

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 05 May, 2015, 04:00:06 PM
That was a really enjoyable Saturday...

Great photos SuperSurfer, and a nice reminder of a great day out. Would it be OK to pinch the one Im featured in?
Like a fool, I didn't take a single photo at the signings.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Spikes on 05 May, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
Great photos SuperSurfer, and a nice reminder of a great day out. Would it be OK to pinch the one Im featured in?
Like a fool, I didn't take a single photo at the signings.
Of course, Spikes.

COMMANDO FORCES

As everyone has said, a damn fine day!

Here are a few pictures (I did put a vid on facebook) that show some more creator stuff!

That last one is of the council of five watching a load of perps being paraded in front of them!

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's one of my table assault :lol:

And here's one of the Gathering in the pub. There were about another half dozen who hadn't arrived yet, when we took this!

sheridan

I couldn't stay on my feet for the whole queuing time so had to go to the pub without meeting anyone, other than the signer who also came to the pub :-)

I gather that photos of Judge Thread were taken with those signing - anybody got any idea who took the photos and where they are now?