Main Menu

Assassins Creed Syndicate.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 November, 2015, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Is  anyone else playing this? I've just completed it and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic! The setting is excellent and the addition of carriages, boats and trains really add to the experience.  After last year's furore over sexism and the lack of female playable characters at Ubisoft, having two protagonists is an excellent idea, though it would've been better if they were a little more different in their skill sets as it still feels a little bit tokenistic. Speaking of which, the addition of female henchmen(?)  asks some  interesting  questions.  I never did feel comfortable as Jacob (the male protagonist) when I was kicking the shit out of the women. I realise that this is just me, but when does equal opportunity  spill over into misogyny? Or is this more of a violence issue?  To be honest, I couldn't give a monkeys, the game is great!

Moving on, the story is really good, I loved the gangland feel of it as you slowly take over all of the boroughs of London. It also has that LOEG feel with famous people of the time cropping up all over the place.  It doesn't take itself too seriously so there are some excellent touches of humour peppered throughout the game.

They've captured the period brilliantly.  There are children in the workhouses, smoke spewing chimneys complete with chimney sweeps and beautifully rendered versions on the landmarks you'd expect. The many highlights of which include the grimy, ship-filled River Thames, the interiors of Buckingham Palace and the House of Lords, standing atop Nelsons column and the exhilaration of climbing Big Ben.  The contrast between the poor and affluent areas of London is excellent and the game cleverly guides you from the slums to the upper echelons of London as the game progresses.

A word of advice - keep playing  after the final mission as there are a number of bonus missions which are perhaps the most exciting Assassins Creed experiences I've ever had!

A great game, highly recommended by me!

JamesC

Everything I've heard about this game suggests it's a return to form and as good as, if not better than, Black Flag (which I loved).
I'll definitely be playing it but I have such a backlog of games I'll probably wait until next year and pick it up cheap.

Pete Wells

Yep, I was a huge fan of Black Flag and this is just as fun! Ship battles have been replaced by train robberies and boat heists. Character-wise Jacob is a lovable, wisecracking thug, like Edward Kenway was, while his sister Evie is more focused and sensible. It makes for a nice dynamic.

I forgot to mention the grappling hook which is a superb addition too, giving an Arkham Knight level of mobility. Drivable coaches are good for zipping around town too.

I'd have loved to have done the Jack the Ripper missions but can't justify shelling out another £25 on a season pass. Bastards.

Grugz

I shall be buying this eventually loved and still haven't finished black flag as I spend hours just sailing the seas plundering folks ,"rogue" on 360 was more of the same but enjoyable ...is unity any good? I hear mixed reviews.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

I want this game!,

Yet, I have not finished.....

Middle-Earth - Shadow of Mordor

Witcher Three - Wild Hunt

Mad - Max

Currently all three of them uninstalled as well as Black Flag played up until the hero first sets sail on his Pirate-Ship.

ThryllSeekyr

So, if you have played this game in it's entirely already....

Is it mapped to same geography and city planning of old world London or do the same thing the GTA gams where it's abbreviated in places.

Devons Daddy

PURCHASED
PLAYED
AMAZED!

they the franchise justice, very entertaining game.
we likey!!!!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 12 November, 2015, 09:59:24 AM
PURCHASED
PLAYED
AMAZED!

they the franchise justice, very entertaining game.
we likey!!!!

Did both you and Pete get early access?

Devons Daddy

Did both you and Pete get early access?

there is a question i had no idea was relevant,  :o
my son,whom is the one who gets these things,  reflexes of a cat,  gets us invited to various events for Xbox and receives free stuff on download, quite often to my awareness,
must be the first couple of levels i guess. (I have no time to play for hours as he does)

I had no idea it was not on general release, I hardly get time to be here, lets alone go to a games shop these days.
I apologize if i came across as arrogant, It was not meant in such a manner.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

I, Cosh

It's been out for console for weeks, it's just not out on PC yet.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

It is good fun. I've only played a little of Black Flag (it was a free download at the time I was playing Batman Arkham Knight, and they felt quite similar). So, this is my first AC since the original, which I gave up on.
Lock up your spoons!