Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Glad you're okay, Tjm. Things are always less horrible when there are people to lean on - even spooky virtual people on some realm that doesn't really exist - so don't apologize. Lean.

Good to have you back.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

So glad to hear you're back. Just spout your shit on here and someone will have dealt with something similar and offer support.
It's definitely good to talk.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Jade Falcon

Glad to hear from you TJM.  I wouldn't worry about feeling that people have it worse, I think that can be the fault of so many mental health practicioners, some seem to think there's a one or two sizes fits all solution.

Pills, or generic therapy with rather dismissive solutions that often don't really help.

Even contacts like the Samaritans or Breathing Space aren't much help beyond possibly a few minutes, despite their best intentions.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Barrington Boots

Really good to hear from you TJM.

Feeling depressed isn't comparable, please don't feel guilty thinking others have it worse so your feelings are less viable.
I don't comment much on this thread, I feel others say things better than I, but if you want to give voice to some pain and share the burden a little, we are here for you.

That goes for anyone here going through hell right now. Love to all you guys.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

So glad to see you back TJM.

paddykafka

Welcome back, TJM and all the best to you.

broodblik

Also glad to hear from you again TJM
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Now that is a relief, take care TJM.

Proudhuff

Aye what they said, good to see you here, and like the Shark says lean. Its not a weakness its a joy.
DDT did a job on me

Rara Avis

What great news to wake up to! I'm so glad you're back TJM.

Suffering isn't a competition and your struggles and the effect they have on you are just as valid as anyone else's. It sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate right now; just remember that we're all here for you and feel free to vent about anything anytime.

sheridan

Very pleased to see you posting again, TJM.

Hawkmumbler

I've had a pretty horrid week on the whole, pretty much nothing has gone right for me in any regards and in certain regards it looks like I could stand to lose a lot of time and money. Ended up going to dark places, figuratively speaking.

Then literally, I went for a night walk. I used to do them a lot a decade or so ago, helped with exam stress. I really can't emphasise how curative they can be. Visit any busy place or street, anywhere you associate with your anxieties or stresses even in the smallest of ways, at 3 in the morning and you will see how unimportant it really is. It's one of the most cathartic therapies you can self-prescribe.

JayzusB.Christ

Relieved and glad to see you back, Tjm. HM, glad you could find a bit of relief too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 November, 2022, 09:37:19 AM
Visit any busy place or street, anywhere you associate with your anxieties or stresses even in the smallest of ways, at 3 in the morning and you will see how unimportant it really is. It's one of the most cathartic therapies you can self-prescribe.

That's really interesting. I used to work hospitality in Aviemore, and it was a bit like living in an episode of Eastenders - so could get quite stressful. I remember the feeling, whenever I managed to get a bus out of there for a little while, how all the cares would just slide away with the passing miles. They only mattered there.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jade Falcon

Well I'm slowly adjusting to my job, the Line manager said yesterday I was a lot better and more confident which was morale boosting.  Obviously not perfect as there had been people there for years.

Add in today there is news of a pay rise.  Only about 80 pence an hour extra, but over a thirty seven and a half hour week, its a nice unexpected addition.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov