Main Menu

PS4 hard drive upgrade

Started by I, Cosh, 09 April, 2016, 10:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

So, has anyone out there bought a basic PS4 and fitted a larger hard drive themselves? From what I've read, it's just a bog standard off the shelf number which shouldn't pose any problems. Or should I just suck it in and pay the extra?
We never really die.

Link Prime

I've had a load of trouble with my PS4 recently, and brought it to a reputable repair technician in Wicklow.
He wasn't able to repair it, but fortunately could extract my save data.
(I didn't send it to Sony for a repair due to the fact they wipe the hard drive as standard, and they ain't cheap or easy to deal with either).

Anyway- I observed the machine being stripped down, and the removal / replacing of the hard drive was very straightforward. I'd say you'd have no trouble doing it.

I'm on the lookout for a new console, and have my eye on the Uncharted limited edition 1TB, looks lovely; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BM9YZ30/ref=s9_simh_gw_g63_i6_r?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1BWBBHYRCM6YKV19AA7R&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551787&pf_rd_i=desktop

I, Cosh

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 April, 2016, 03:24:53 PM
Anyway- I observed the machine being stripped down, and the removal / replacing of the hard drive was very straightforward. I'd say you'd have no trouble doing it.
Thanks for that. There was a 10% discount in the local electronical goods chain last weekend so I just bought the 1TB version. Came with a second controller for about 260.
We never really die.

Link Prime