Main Menu

Bid On Glen Fabry's head of Avagddu Resin Bust

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 May, 2015, 04:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I only wish I had the money to bid on this as well.....

Bid on the Head of a Well Known Abomination, care of Slaine.

I can still buy it here some time later when I have the money.

Just a shame it's only 5 inches long by 3 inches wide and is 3 ½ inches deep and will need to be put together and then painted. They don't do this for you.

I wonder how much, Glenn Fabry would charge to do this for me?

They made a mistake...MacMahon never illustrated

I going to let them know, just in case they don't....

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Did I put this in the wrong place.....

Anyway, I can't blame anybody here for not wanting one, they are ugly, but from Slaine.

Dark Jimbo

I adore this, but... I don't think I'd actually want one, as such.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

It does look great, but would end up costing €60 including shipping to Ireland- couldn't justify it!

Woolly

I'd love one of these, but as said the price is just too steep for me, considering the size of the sculpt.
Shame, as its [spoiler]fucking[/spoiler] awesome!

Doubt it'd come with the wispy hair either  ;)

Link Prime

Quote from: Woolly on 13 May, 2015, 06:13:11 PM
Doubt it'd come with the wispy hair either  ;)

The wispy hairs were almost a deal breaker! 

ThryllSeekyr

Don't know wether I would bother getting it either, it does have the colour and texture of green shit to me.

On top of that, it doesn't look quite right, baring only a superficial resemblance to the original drawings of Glenn Fabry.

That picture there is Avagduu in a classic pose.

While the severed head implies he was decapitated and mounted on that wooden back board. 

While everything is almost the same, it does seem to lack the essence of the demon.

I have no place to put that, and it would only get broken. Besides, it's got to be put together and painted and I'm not sure I would ever get around to doing that.

On this subject, the pro-nouciation of his name, like Slaine's is a bit of mystery to me as well.

Otherwise, I just say it, like it's spelt......AVAG-DO.

Reminds me of this old party-song of similar sounding name......

Agadoo.

ThryllSeekyr

I was thinking I might want one of these, just to add to my collection of all things that come from Slaine.

Still can't help but think the sculptor made it obvious that it could have once been a Warhammer 40k/Fantasy Ork.....

(Not a good example, but I think you know anyway....) Another Warhammer influence in Slaine . Not a bad thing mind you. Because I'm pretty sure Pat Mills wrote a entire book about the Space-Marine Tech-Priests once. Along time ago. I almost won that in biding war. Slaine would fit so well into the Warhammer fantasy universe. Likewise Judge Dredd could be found some where in the 40k version. Even though JD isn't really set that far into the future, maybe he's still in a time overlapping with the older world of fantasy....

So, the old gods might have been some lost Eldar & a few Orks trapped in their own respective El-Worlds they were. From were El-World for Elves, Orks, & Goblins overlaps with one for the gods.

Why that never happened?

Anyway, the idea of the old god's noggin being mounted like it was ever beheaded was one of the deal breakers for me. It's just not classic look/pose for Avagddu.

A sculpt of him climbing out of the Cauldron of Blood would have been superb.

Yet, the rest of the deal breaker is that I just don't find that thing attractive at all. Yea, I know it's Slaine thing. But any one that see's in my collection going to think I have some strange fantasy's about rotting Ork heads. 

Tried to resize those pictures, but that's not working. Must be a privilege, I lost a few days earlier. Could a mod help me out with that.