Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Geoff

Anyone know what the next premium sub figure will be? Feel like I haven't had a premium gift for a while now...

Jade Falcon

So much Slaine....god I wish there was a way to subscribe yet skip the Slaine.

I didn't enjoy Bad Company 2 at all, however I've been in a deep depression lately, so maybe my mood doesn't help.  I remember hating Small God's by Pratchett first time I read it then loving it on a second read.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 10 August, 2019, 03:35:23 PM
I didn't enjoy Bad Company 2 at all, however I've been in a deep depression lately, so maybe my mood doesn't help.  I remember hating Small God's by Pratchett first time I read it then loving it on a second read.

Hate that feeling. I first read Neal Stephenson in the very depths of depression, then bitched and moaned about his work for years. Returning to him years later, and hanging on ever word, I felt like a right gobshite.  Sincerely hope the clouds lift for you soon Jade Falcon, be assured that they will.

athorist

I don't find the Slaine too bad. If it was only in the one era/place for the next 7 volumes maybe it would get a bit boring, but at least there's variety. Definitely good enough that Mills deserves his 50p
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

bernardsfingers

Quote from: Geoff on 10 August, 2019, 11:47:51 AM
Anyone know what the next premium sub figure will be? Feel like I haven't had a premium gift for a while now...
Assuming the figures come in the order listed on the Ultimate Collection site the next figure will be Nikolai Dante, followed by Judge Dredd then Rogue Trooper. The next figure should come with delivery of issues 51/52 (i.e. the next delivery, depending on how up-to-date your subscription is).

karlos

Not sure if I can post links on here, but you can pre-order up to volume 60 on forbiddenplanet.com

Geoff

Quote from: karlos on 11 August, 2019, 10:34:23 PM
Not sure if I can post links on here, but you can pre-order up to volume 60 on forbiddenplanet.com

Cheers Fingers!

Geoff

Er...meant to quote the post above about the figures..

karlos

I haven't been called "Fingers" in years... :)

cropsy13

I've just finished Slaine vol 5 and honestly I really enjoyed it (I'm a sucker for Sword & Sorcery stories).

I wonder if we'll get any Durham Red Solo or Mambo in this collection.

sintec

Quote from: cropsy13 on 14 August, 2019, 01:27:47 AM
I wonder if we'll get any Durham Red Solo or Mambo in this collection.

Good news; there's a whole book of Durham Red scheduled.
Bad news; don't think there's any Mambo planned (unless we get an extension).

cropsy13

Quote from: sintec on 14 August, 2019, 09:29:16 AM
Good news; there's a whole book of Durham Red scheduled.
Nice, Just looked on the Wiki and it's May next year, oof.

Quote from: sintec on 14 August, 2019, 09:29:16 AM
Bad news; don't think there's any Mambo planned (unless we get an extension).

Bummer

Thanks for the info

karlos

Do we have a contents list for Strontium dog vol. 6?

Anyone seen it? How's the reproduction?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: karlos on 15 August, 2019, 09:10:06 AM
Do we have a contents list for Strontium dog vol. 6?

Anyone seen it? How's the reproduction?

The Royal Affair
The Rammy
Stone Killers
Incident on Zeta
The No-Go Job
The Beast of Milton Keynes
Complaint

I wonder if A Sorry Case has been held back for the next issue to accompany Colin's work on TFS. I'm also guessing that remaining annual and special stories will be in there too to make up the page count.

I've only read The Royal Affair and the start of The Rammy so far, but up to now the repro looks OK to me. The annual stories are in black and white.