Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

I believe Ben Willsher is doing the spine.

cropsy13

Forgive me if these are a bit daft requests as my 2000 AD knowledge is a VERY limited but If this is extending I hope we get

- Jaegir (Continuing from where it left off)
- Dark Judges (Including more fall of deadworld if they exist as the last vol ended on a cliffhanger)
- Mambo (She looks cool)
- More Future Shocks (I love those)
- Durham Red

I know I'm missing some classics but I'm only just discovering these stories.

IndigoPrime

I bloody love Ben Willsher art. But. If you have a collection like this, so heavily geared towards spine art (that the publisher inevitably messes up), why not keep the same artist? Baffling.

Hackenbush

Actually a different artist will help me to put it in as a separate run in my bookcases. I cannot make a span cover the full 180 issues ...

Gotta admit I was horrified to hear it is extended - I love the collection but the cost of getting it to here in NZ is horrendous ...

The Monarch

Leviathans contents are as we suspected Leviathan and its short stories. American gothic. necronauts and chiarascuro

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 16 October, 2022, 08:09:59 AM
Leviathans contents are as we suspected Leviathan and its short stories. American gothic. necronauts and chiarascuro

I can take or leave American Gothic, but otherwise that's a sexy collection!
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: The Monarch on 16 October, 2022, 08:09:59 AM

That's a nice chunky volume - shame the Devlin book couldn't have been this size, it could have contained the whole run to date. Guess with the extension we can always hope for a 2nd volume.

Swerty

Judging from the replies there's still plenty of good stuff to go round.Looking forward to seeing issue 141!

sintec

Several people (myself included) have asked about the extension on the FB group.  So far just geting the stock reply:

Quotewe are currently planning to publish 140 issues in this collection. We will of course let you know if anything changes.
Thanks!

Which may well just mean they've not announced anything to the web team yet either rather than being an indication it's not happening. Guess we shall see in the coming months as it's not long until issue 140

Neil C

Quote from: Neil C on 14 October, 2022, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 12 October, 2022, 09:40:02 PM
How official is the extension to 180 issues? Can anyone in the know confirm yay or nay?
The info comes from the weekly partwork list published in the National Title File which is produced by the Association of Newspaper and Magazine Wholesalers (ANMW) who get their info from the news trade distributors (typically Marketforce UK Ltd these days) who in turn get their info from the publishers (Hachette)

The info on the UC has only just changed from 140 issues to 180 issues in the past week, and mistakes do occasionally happen, but if it's still saying 180 on Monday I'd assume it's definite.
Well, rather confusingly there is no listing for the UC at all in this week's update.

IndigoPrime

Maybe because it's a fortnightly and not on sale this week? One of the other series wasn't there last week.

don wiskerando

If this were to be extended once more then I would love to see Ace Trucking Co completed.  I think that everything following The Croakside Trip comes to about 250 pages so doable in one volume.

Southstreeter

Fall of Deadworld - is there just the one volume of this? Looking at Wikipedia and Barney it appears that the first couple of series are missing from the UC. Or is there another earlier volume I can't find?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Southstreeter on 21 October, 2022, 04:38:17 PM
Fall of Deadworld - is there just the one volume of this? Looking at Wikipedia and Barney it appears that the first couple of series are missing from the UC. Or is there another earlier volume I can't find?

They're in with Dark Justice.
@jamesfeistdraws

rogue69

Just got a email fro Hachette saying that from issue 139 the price will be going up to £10.99 so I assume that means this will be going on for a while