Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Yep, that's a tacit confirmation of an extension, isn't it? Armoured Gideon here we come!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Sounds like it. Would be a bit weird to put up the price for two issues. Now, anyone know what Matt Smith's favourite cakes/beer/etc is, so we can bribe him to include Armoured Gideon in this set of books?

Southstreeter

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 October, 2022, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 21 October, 2022, 04:38:17 PM
Fall of Deadworld - is there just the one volume of this? Looking at Wikipedia and Barney it appears that the first couple of series are missing from the UC. Or is there another earlier volume I can't find?

They're in with Dark Justice.

That's annoying. I already have a copy of that.

Colin Zeal

I have really enjoyed this collection but I was looking forward to it ending. I live in a flat and ran out of space about 70 issues ago. Every possible available space is already full with about 1700 copies of the prog, which increases every week, then there's the Meg. Where the hell am I meant to put the extension issues?

IndigoPrime

That's the thing with partworks. Sometimes they just go on and on. Ask the Marvel lot, who started collecting in 2012 with the promise of 60 books. (That's now 280, IIRC.)

I imagine the 2000 AD one won't last that long, but as people have shown there's still plenty of material that hasn't been covered. You could always switch to cherry picking. (That's what I did after the first extension and I don't regret it in the slightest. However, I did already have several of the stories in HC anyway.)

moly

I could accept the extension even the price increase if I actually knew what I was getting at least with the last extension you could work some of it out with the new spine reveal

Swerty

Last time it extended a rough copy of the spine art was released wasn't it?

sintec

Quote from: Swerty on 22 October, 2022, 03:10:44 PM
Last time it extended a rough copy of the spine art was released wasn't it?

Yeah they announced 7 or 8 series and gave us a preview of some of the spine art that meant people could guess a fair amount of the rest. Hopefully we'll get something similar this time around as it'd be nice to not be going in completely blind

leethomson

Seems as if there'd be very little left to collect from prior to the UC's launch - other than Armoured Gideon, of course - that could be considered even C-tier at this stage. Clearly we're never going to get Zenith, Luke Kirby, Button Man or Mazeworld. Anything in a theoretical 3rd extension would most likely all be from the last 8 years or so. Which would be great, except I've been buying most new things in trade as they come out, figuring that they wouldn't be part of the collection.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: leethomson on 23 October, 2022, 02:53:02 PMother than Armoured Gideon, of course - that could be considered even C-tier at this stage
*glares*

leethomson

IndigoPrime

*retracts glares and resolves to learn to actually read*

The Monarch

Zeniths gotta be a shoe in surely? button man and mazeworld i can understand they are creator owned ohhh how about scarlet traces thats not creator owned anymore is it?

Richard

I think if they were going to do Zenith they would have done it in the original run; it's too good to leave out unless there's a reason based on something other than quality. (Don't know what it might be though.)

IndigoPrime

If they did Scarlet Traces *and* fixed the screw-up in the latest trade (IIRC, a missing page), I'd buy that for sure and finally offload my Dark Horse collections.