Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2022, 10:46:13 PM
If they did Scarlet Traces *and* fixed the screw-up in the latest trade (IIRC, a missing page), I'd buy that for sure and finally offload my Dark Horse collections.
Hmm, interesting. What missing page is this? Haven't read the latest volume yet and I haven't heard about this error either.

IndigoPrime

According to Matt Brooker:

Quotethey've managed to miss out a page of Storm Front (episode 10 page 1, where Ahron is being tortured in the virtual world by the Martians, swipe left to see). The error wasn't caught at the proof stage so they can't correct it. The effect isnt too jarring, a bit like a DVD skipping a few seconds in a non-critical part of the movie, but I do have to apologise for the omission...

Lorenzo

That's unfortunate but, as Matt says, luckily not that much of a problem. Shame they couldn't afford someone to do a simple page count before press...

Lorenzo

If you are looking for the missing page, it is actually the first page of part 9 (not 10) in Prog 2259 p.21.

Tomontherun94

Next 3 issues are up on the Hachette site:
136: Black Hawk
137: Finn Vol 2
138: Strontium Dogs Vol 3

Tomontherun94

Page count for SD Vol 3 is 256, with Dan Abnett credited so looks like theres space for the remaining Dogs stories, The Scarlet Apocrypha and the uncollected SD stuff.

sintec

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 25 October, 2022, 04:53:17 PM
Page count for SD Vol 3 is 256, with Dan Abnett credited so looks like theres space for the remaining Dogs stories, The Scarlet Apocrypha and the uncollected SD stuff.

Hope so. Will be annoyed if they do a Tor Cyan and only include parts of The Scarlet Apocrypha.

From the Paul Marshall credit I guess we're getting Diners from the 95 Sci-fi special. Don't think he's done any other Dogs related stuff.

Hackenbush

I'm happy to see it looks like we are getting the Tornado Blackhawk stories. They are a great read.

sintec

Quote from: Hackenbush on 25 October, 2022, 08:22:17 PM
I'm happy to see it looks like we are getting the Tornado Blackhawk stories. They are a great read.

Hadn't spotted that. Nice. Wonder if we'll get any other Tornado/Starlord stuff if we get another extension

Having looked at my spreadsheet I'm not convinced we'll be getting The Scarlet apocrypha. I reckon Dan's name is there for Epicedium. I'm guessing the contents will be something like:

SD - Crossroads
DR - Mirrors
SD - The Alphabet Man
SD - High Moon
SD - The Mutant Sleeps Tonight
DR - Deals
DR - Hate & War
DR - Night Of The Hunters
DR - Epicedium
DR - Diners

That's ~220 pages. Complete Scarlet apocrypha would be another 48 pages of strip which is pushing the limits for one book

IndigoPrime

That might fit in a standalone Durham Red book featuring the revamp.

rogue69

I emailed Hachette about the price increase & if that ment an extention to the run, this is there responce

"We are now planning on 140 issues for this collection, but again we would like to confirm that the publishers are able to continue a collection at any time."

Dark Jimbo

Seems a bit redundant now, but here's the final(?) update anyway, all present and accounted for. Just missing details on that Dredd book...

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 - Dredd(?)
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 - Leviathan
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 - The Returners
125 - Devlin Waugh
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 - Blackhawk
129 - Stickleback 2
130 - Ro-Busters 1
131 - Ro-Busters 2
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 - Blunt
134 - Revere
135 - Samantha Slade
136 - The Fall of Deadworld
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7
141 - .......?
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

yeah issues 139 and 140 have to be Sin/Dex 7 and the unknown Dredd.

It does seem really odd to have a price rise for just the last 2 issues though. Guess it could be part of a company wide price adjustment or something though.

Swerty

Quote from: Hackenbush on 25 October, 2022, 08:22:17 PM

Didn't  the Blackhawk episodes in Tornado begin with colour centre spreads?That would be awesome if they were in this book

Link Prime

Quote from: sintec on 26 October, 2022, 07:35:55 AM

Having looked at my spreadsheet I'm not convinced we'll be getting The Scarlet apocrypha. I reckon Dan's name is there for Epicedium. I'm guessing the contents will be something like:

SD - Crossroads
DR - Mirrors
SD - The Alphabet Man
SD - High Moon
SD - The Mutant Sleeps Tonight
DR - Deals
DR SD - Hate & War
DR - Night Of The Hunters
DR - Epicedium
DR - Diners

That's ~220 pages. Complete Scarlet apocrypha would be another 48 pages of strip which is pushing the limits for one book

I would say you are spot on with that list bar one omission; Durham Red 'Ghosts' from the 1994 Winter Special is a crucial chapter in the Hogan run (also referenced in the Abnett finale of 'The Empty Suns').
It has to be included in this collection too.

And for completion sake, I'd personally add Strontium Dog 'The Walking Lady' from the 1992 Sci-Fi Special & Strontium Dogs 'Angel Blood' from the 1993 Sci-Fi Special to the collection too.