Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

In the spirit of the MegaCollection there must be a few WTF choices that justify the 'unreprinted before' tag.
I'd like a Junker volume but I suspect I'm alone on that. I reckon colour stuff will be prioritized as in the previous collection.
I'd add Hewligan's Haircut into the list.

Dandontdare

I spoke too soon .... came home to find four books and a nice note saying there's no charge.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!  :D

abelardsnazz

I would suggest there'll be a maximum of 5 Dredd and 0 Anderson volumes given they've just had 80 to play with :-) I think more Nicolai Dante, you can never have enough Strontium Dog, and out of left field, Return to Armageddon.

The Monarch

I said it earlier in this thread and i will say it again

Make canon fodder into one. Use some other wonderful chris weston drawn fs and one offs to pad it out. Please!!!

robert_ellis

Good recent Dredd not in MegaCollection...
Dark Justice, Every Empire Falls, The Cop, Block Judge, Enceladus, Dead Zone & Movie Stuff.

Swerty

How long did it take for the Mega Collction to appear after the initial test run.Was it about 4 months?

Richard

Does the volume with The Cop include the prequel, Served Cold?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Swerty on 05 May, 2017, 11:12:57 AM
How long did it take for the Mega Collction to appear after the initial test run.Was it about 4 months?

They usually trial these thing in the spring and then release them early the next year.
That seems to be my recollection of the mega collection and the build an R2-D2.

Magnetica

Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 May, 2017, 08:07:53 PM
So if there's 80 more 2000ad books how would you guess they'd be split up?
I'm guessing...
Dredd 10
Strontium Dog 6
Rogue Trooper 5
Slaine 5
Nemesis 4
ABC Warriors 3
Nikolai Dante 4
RoboHunter 2
Durham Red 2
Bad Company 2
Judge Anderson 2
Halo Jones 1
Shakara 2
Lawless 1
Zenith 2
Red Seas 2
Absalom 1
Indigo Prime 1
DR & Quinch 1
Skizz 1
Harry Twenty 1
Stickleback 2
Leviathan 1
Luke Kirby 1
Sinister Dexter 2
Kingdom 2
Age of the Wolf 1
Savage 2
The VCs 1
Scarlet Traces 2
Movie Dredd 1
Button Man 2
Firekind 1
Tyranny Rex 1
Bradley 1
Harlem Heroes 1
Armoured Gideon 1
Defoe 2
Mazeworld 1
Dan Dare 1
What obvious stuff have I missed?

So I think this highlights what will be a big problem for me - you are only going to get a small proportion of most series. Of those that I want to re-read, I would rather get the whole lot. So Rebellion trades may well be a better bet (for me).

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 May, 2017, 08:33:08 PM
In the spirit of the MegaCollection there must be a few WTF choices that justify the 'unreprinted before' tag.
I'd like a Junker volume but I suspect I'm alone on that. I reckon colour stuff will be prioritized as in the previous collection.

Hewligan's Haircut has been reprinted - I have a copy with a hole in the cover, and I'm sure I've seen a more standard collected edition as well.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2017, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 May, 2017, 08:33:08 PM

Hewligan's Haircut has been reprinted - I have a copy with a hole in the cover, and I'm sure I've seen a more standard collected edition as well.

In fact, three times in all:

•     Hewligan's Haircut: A Story in Eight Partings (2000 AD Books, 1991, ISBN 1853862460)
  •     Classic 2000 AD #11, 1996
  •     Hewligan's Haircut (Rebellion, 2003, ISBN 1904265065)

robert_ellis

I've enjoyed Hewligans Haircut in it's many versions. I meant add it to the list of likely 2000ad Ultimate collection volumes. Would Sooner or Later make a suitable back up strip?

IndigoPrime

It's certainly somewhat similar in tone – plus the sequel had Hewlett on art duties, replacing Brendan McCarthy. But even all of those there series together leave a book at under 100 pages. So there's scope to add more oddball humour series to a single volume.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Throw in both series of Time Flies, that'd get you close to 200 pages of Deadline artist-themed silliness.

robert_ellis

Philip Bond would work with Hewlett & McCarthy.