Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Tell you what, this Kingdom volume's the most gorgeous one yet, innit?
Never ever bloody anything ever

I, Cosh

Eh? Leyser Guns were an awesome idea when I was twelve and they're awesome now. I had unreservedly loved Slaine up to that point and Time Killer blew my mind by taking the strip off in a completely unexpected direction which expanded its possibilities a thousandfold.
We never really die.

Richard

Magnetica

I always felt Leyser guns were a bit naff, but other than that Timekiller rocks. It is full of interesting ideas: the El world, The Cythrons, Elfric, Pluke only being able to help if they do good deeds.

Plus awesome art from Fabry and Pugh.

sintec

Quote from: DrRocka on 09 November, 2017, 01:06:18 AM
Tell you what, this Kingdom volume's the most gorgeous one yet, innit?

Isn't it just.  Loved every page and can't wait for the next one.

TordelBack

Kingdom is one of my all-time favourite thrills, but I've never read it in collected form: it's even better this way. This volume is just magnificent.  So many wonderful new puns I never noticed! "So long Maryan" indeed.

Colin YNWA

EDazzling

I am 32 and I recently read Time Killer for the first time and let me tell you: leyser guns are brilliant (but time killer is a huge awful chore)

somebody-nobody

Has anyone had problems with getting individual copies? I ordered The Horned God in September to check the quality before subscription but Hachette partworks keep telling me they are not aware of my order even though i provided the order confirmation and order number and a copy of my bank statement proving the transaction. and I've noticed a lot of complaints about Hachette Partworks online.
https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hachette-partworks-ltd-c266586.html?page=2

IndigoPrime

Try them on Facebook, via the page for the 2000 AD collection. Their Facebook people are, broadly speaking, a lot better than their other support staff. I've seen plenty of complaints, too, but bar packaging issues, I've never had any problems myself.

Jade Falcon

Kingdom, that was damned enjoyable. Bear in mind I know squat about it. The initial story in my mind got off to a shaky start between the packs language style which was just something you got used to and after mentions of the pack in the intro text and story beginning their quick exit.

The follow one were far stronger, and mentions of Ant Wars brought up memories. I remember having the first few 2000ad annuals that had stories I suspect were inherited from Starlord. A time travelling WW2 squad, and maybe also an Ant Wars story.

Quick summary, roll on Kingdom Book 2.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mattofthespurs

These are some beautiful books.
Had not opened any of the 6 so far until today.
Wow.
These are super lovely.

Taryn Tailz

I'll be tempted to dip my toe into this series if we get any Indigo Prime hardbacks.

abelardsnazz

Enjoyed Kingdom, I'd missed it during my wilderness years so it was great to read a volume of it in one go. Great use of language, stunning art, and Gene is a brilliant central character. Roll on volume 2.

Dandontdare

Anyone know when the first Dante book is due to appear? A there's nine of 'em I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, wouldn't want to miss one because I'm not subscribing.