Main Menu

Unable to access the shop

Started by Max Headroom, 13 February, 2020, 05:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Hi,
I have bought items from the 2000ad shop many times in the past without problems, but now when I click on the shop link it says "Your connection is not secure" - attackers might be trying  to steal your information from shop.2000ad.com and will not let me proceed any further.
Can anybody help in trying to surmount this problem (I'm not great with all matters technical, but any advice would be gratefully received).

wedgeski

Which browser are you using? From a PC, or phone? If so, what phone?

Are you going to the 2000AD website and from there to the shop, or are you clicking on a bookmark you've made?

oinkster

Same issue here - really like the look of the Dredd "believe it" shirt.  :)
It's marking the certificate as invalid on Chrome. The certificate on 2000ad.com is fine, on shop.2000ad.com, it's marked as invalid.

wedgeski

Are you for some reason being directed to a non-HTTPS address for the shop?

Click your cursor on the address bar and have a check.

2000ADWebDroid

EDIT: Could you try again? Although we had recently updated the certificate (see attached), it seems we hadn't updated the certificate chain, so some older browsers may not have liked the certificate. I'd also recommend updating to the latest version of Chrome, if not already on it.

oinkster

Bolt-01

2000ADWebDroid

Colin YNWA

Looks like the certificate hasn't been updated again... possibly I don't know enough to say that with confidence but just popped to the shop on a Samsung Galaxy using Chrome, to order the latest Meg Bundle and got an error

QuoteYour connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from shop.2000ad.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

My guess is the Cert_Authority might be the same certificate issue? ... mind it could just be my device as well?

TordelBack

Similar issue for me on Chrome (admittedly an older version, v. 49, due to my ageing unsupported Mac), supposedly due to my clock being ahead (its's not) but it's totally fine on Firefox.