Main Menu

Conspiracy Theory Debate

Started by Funt Solo, 10 April, 2020, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

QuoteI'd like to see those links.

Aaaaarrrgg! Why? Do you doubt they exist? Are you so unwilling to accept that other people know more than you that you have to get evidence of everything?

Let's save you the effort.  Pick one.

A) "thanks for the links. Here are some links which say its not fascist, which you now have to waste your time reading"

B) "all forms of so-called government are fascist."

C) " hey guys, I never said I believed in anything, I just think its important to have a healthy debate about everything."

Mikey

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 March, 2021, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: Mikey on 07 March, 2021, 11:59:53 AM
Young Earth Creationists claim that, obviously, the Earth is vastly younger than several billion years.

You geologists, all in the pocket of Big Magma.

I see you failed to mention the role of Big Ditch in keeping archaeologists on message.

So the Russians weren't allies? What's with all those US and UK WW2 tanks and planes in Russian mark schemes about then?

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Modern Panther on 08 March, 2021, 09:20:34 AM
QuoteI'd like to see those links.

Aaaaarrrgg! Why? Do you doubt they exist? Are you so unwilling to accept that other people know more than you that you have to get evidence of everything?

Let's save you the effort.  Pick one.

A) "thanks for the links. Here are some links which say its not fascist, which you now have to waste your time reading"

B) "all forms of so-called government are fascist."

C) " hey guys, I never said I believed in anything, I just think its important to have a healthy debate about everything."

No, I don't doubt they exist. I'd like to investigate these specific links for myself. If Funt is correct, and I've missed something in my 10+ years (on an off) of listening to this podcast, then I need to know.

When I've done that, I'll be in a better position to respond. As it is, I can't square Funt's allegations with the site I am familiar with - which may well be a blind spot on my part. I have to know whether James Corbett, who always claims to be a voluntarist and presents numerous podcasts on this and similar solutions to modern ills which are as decentralised as possible, who claims each and every human is a sovereign being with no innate obligation to authority, who rejects violence as a solution, and who is a fine investigator, is really an undercover Nazi.

Funt made his determination in five seconds - so those must be some very compelling links and I really, really, want to see them.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Quote from: Tjm86 on 08 March, 2021, 08:30:26 AM
Quote from: milstar on 07 March, 2021, 08:37:18 PM

... now I'm convinced this is trolling.

Such Allies they were, competing with each other who'll defeat Hitler, while secretly conspiring into Cold War. I think both were aware of that.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Legendary Shark

Well, both sides scrambled to quietly "recruit" top Nazi experts in many fields as the War ended. I think the USA and USSR were uncomfortable wartime bedfellows driven by the simple 'enemy of my enemy' expediency.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 March, 2021, 10:42:28 AM

Well, both sides scrambled to quietly "recruit" top Nazi experts in many fields as the War ended. I think the USA and USSR were uncomfortable wartime bedfellows driven by the simple 'enemy of my enemy' expediency.

True. God knows how many Nazi "scientists" were recruited into their ranks.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: milstar on 08 March, 2021, 10:45:06 AM

True. God knows how many Nazi "scientists" were recruited into their ranks.

While it's true that many scientists from Germany were recruited after the war, not all of them were necessarily Nazi true believers. Many couldn't just abandon their life's work when the Third Reich rose to power because that might also mean abandoning their life.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Funt Solo on 07 March, 2021, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 07 March, 2021, 09:48:43 PM
Quote from: milstar on 07 March, 2021, 08:37:18 PM
And they never were considered as part of Allied faction. At least I never saw it anywhere.

Not even Potsdam?

C'mon, Tordelback - that's clearly been doctored!

It can't have been. They didn't have Photoshop back then.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Mister Pops on 08 March, 2021, 11:18:49 AM

While it's true that many scientists from Germany were recruited after the war, not all of them were necessarily Nazi true believers. Many couldn't just abandon their life's work when the Third Reich rose to power because that might also mean abandoning their life.

Good point, well made.

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 March, 2021, 11:36:33 AM

It can't have been. They didn't have Photoshop back then.

The ICIA has had Photoshop* since the zombie of Abraham Lincoln signed the Orion Accords** in 1843 - everybody knows that.***

* No they haven't.
** No he didn't.
*** No they don't.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

At the risk of ripping off the bandage on some of the tin-foil-hattery we've seen recently, especially around the issue of Russia, the Bolsheviks proved themselves incredibly adept at photographic manipulation in the 20's and 30's, long before the advent of photoshop.

Even the most cursory examination of photographs  from different points in the period shows significant manipulation as different individuals fell in and out of favour.

So it's entirely possibly that Mickey Mouse and Goofy were present at Potsdam but during the McCarthyite purges their contributions were airbrushed out as they fell foul of the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities ...  :(

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 08 March, 2021, 12:56:25 PM

So it's entirely possibly that Mickey Mouse and Goofy were present at Potsdam but during the McCarthyite purges their contributions were airbrushed out as they fell foul of the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities ...  :(

Who said anything about Goofy being there?  I don't see him there.  Exactly how much do you know?  Who are you really?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mikey

Quote from: Mister Pops on 08 March, 2021, 11:18:49 AM
... not all of them were necessarily Nazi true believers.

Which brought to mind the 'Clean Wermacht' effort. It was of course good for the Western allies to help perpetuate this because of the Cold War, but despite the fact it's clear the Wermacht was far, far from innocent, I still can't shake the notion that a lot of them were probably not 'true believers' as you put it. They were doing what they thought was right (if they volunteered).

Young men do stupid things sometimes, especially when other young men are doing stupid things. It turns out they were spectacularly on the wrong side of history in this case.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Rara Avis on 08 March, 2021, 05:54:20 AM
Quote from: milstar on 07 March, 2021, 11:48:34 PM
Actually, I had more in mind Yalta conference :)

How about Tehran 1943?

Uh - is it just me, or can anyone else see a blurred Mickey looking out of the window in the top left corner?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

I think the USA and USSR were uncomfortable wartime bedfellows driven by the simple 'enemy of my enemy' expediency.

Pretty much exactly. The US didn't really care (at the time) that Stalin's army was sweeping over Europe, because the math said that they wanted Europe to be done and dusted so they could focus on the Pacific war.

In fact, the US felt hounded by Churchill because he kept banging on about Soviet influence in Europe and they (the US) felt like the British were just doing their usual Empire-building thing.

It's only post-war, with the nukes on the scene, and the US starting to lord it over the Sovs that things start to get chilly.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

[/quote]

Uh - is it just me, or can anyone else see a blurred Mickey looking out of the window in the top left corner?
[/quote]

If you posed that question to someone here / from The Emerald Isle, you would quite possibly be advised to see an Opthamologist and / or Urologist as a matter of some urgency.

(That is to say, after the person you asked had managed to stop rolling around the ground with laughter. Because...well...let's just say that the word "Mickey" has a somewhat alternative meaning in this neck of the woods... :)