Main Menu

Hello after forever, from Floyd Kermode

Started by judgefloyd, 01 October, 2020, 11:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgefloyd

Hi,

Floyd here.  I used to practically live on this message board, but haven't checked back in since, I dunno, 2009 or thereabouts. 
   Dunno where to start really, but, ummm, hullo.  What's good with Dredd and 2000 AD stuff in general?

Bolt-01

Floyd! Welcome back Squaxx.

Best place to start is with the latest couple of progs - get yourself back onto the hoverboard and take it from there.

judgefloyd

(Schwarzeneggar voice) Thanks for the tip!
  (Floyd voice) good to see you again Bolt!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Are you Buttonman's arch nemesis?

Welcome back, hope you have fun. Have you dropped of the Prog and Meg completely as there's so much great stuff but as Bolt says best place to start to current Prog, or 2200 as a nice jump on and the Meg with 424 as also a jump on for its 30th maybe?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Michael Knight

judgefloyd

I don't think I'm anyone's arch nemesis!  Good to hear the progs are still good - I never doubted that for a moment.
   Since last being here, I've become bionic, via a metal heart valve drama, putting me in a bit of a bucket list mood.  So I've been to the UK twice and visited the Isle of Man to speak Manx, and got to meet someone from this board IRL (Gary W in Lincoln)
   I'm watching The Boys with my son now, which is pretty 2000 AD adjacent.   
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 October, 2020, 11:52:59 AM
Are you Buttonman's arch nemesis?

Welcome back, hope you have fun. Have you dropped of the Prog and Meg completely as there's so much great stuff but as Bolt says best place to start to current Prog, or 2200 as a nice jump on and the Meg with 424 as also a jump on for its 30th maybe?

judgefloyd

and - where are my manners? - thanks for the welcome backs!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

I, Cosh

Good to have you back.

In your absence I half-heartedly tried to encourage my fellow boarders to write to Tharg under your name in a vain attempt to prevent someone from the town of Paisley becoming the most decorated Inputter ever.

We failed.
We never really die.

Buttonman

My arch nemesis is that woman who took my £40k on 15-1.

So Floyd...are you writing in again? In your absence others have profited. Not me, I don't concern myself with minor fripperies.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Buttonman on 01 October, 2020, 06:57:32 PM
I don't concern myself with minor fripperies.

I also don't care for small baked goods.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

maryanddavid