Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #4: SPECIAL BOLT-01 EDITION

Started by Jim_Campbell, 08 May, 2021, 09:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

That's lovely, Barrington. Where did you get the helmet, please - self-sculpt or from a figure?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Thanks Funt. The helm is from the old 2000ad collectors series figure, I'm not good enough to sculpt one! The flowers and candles though are just paper & wire.

There's some lovely tributes on this thread so far.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dunk!

Love all these entries so far.

Have tried putting something together but it too painful at the mo.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Kev Levell

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 13 May, 2021, 10:42:18 AM
I'm hopeless at art and didn't know Bolt as well as you lot, but wanted to contribute something to this thread. Hope this is ok.

Hopeless at art indeed. That's amazing
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

So many wonderful, wonderful 'entries' on this thread. I plan to start mine this weekend, but really its quite intimidating to try to put something alongside the quality here. The thing that will make me do it anyway. Well its for Bolt-01 of course, but also from the little I knew him he'd have wanted us to participate and have fun with it regardless of our respective talents.

That in itself is an incredible tribute to the man, as has been said - the best of us.

Adrian Bamforth

Farewell Dave, it was a pleasure working with you.

(Original art available to highest bit to mental health charity).

Dog Deever

Just a couple of sketches of Stronts for Dogbreath script proposals from my friend I found lurking on the computer- 'one's that got away. I am working on something hopefully a bit better though. The first one was for a script being worked on for Dogbreath, but the writer (Alec) lost heart with it- I think he felt it was probably too long to be of use. I had the first three episodes and tried to convince him to finish it- I had drawn a load of fast sketches trying to work out the character and a filtered down drawing from that, so some of it is just 'bits of stuff'- I did them as I read through the script but it was just one of those that got away so I don't think I sent it to Dave for a look. S/D Agent 'Darkness' Kang Ban Sok- blind and with some sort of mind mutation.

This one is S/D Agent 'Khtapodi' from another script called 'Metamorphosis' that was a Middenface McNulty/ Cthulhu/ Innsmouth on an underground industrial planet. With war droids' mash-up kind of thing. It didn't make the cut so I didn't bother to show it to Dave. I can't find the development scribbles that went with it anyway.

If any of it is any use for filler illos, feel free to do whatever with it- if not it's fine, they were all done on different sheets and assembled together to send to the Writing-bot so they can easy be broken up again. You can see a little of the type from the script through from the other side in some. Hopefully I'll have something more substantial than a few scuzzy warm up sketches by next week.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

With apologise to Kev Walker, Carlos Ezquerra and Leigh S - I've needed help to get the Strontium Dog images as decent as possible

CrazyFoxMachine

Mike Carroll