Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

More Lawless always makes my heart sing. Can't wait.

broodblik

Some more snippets from the upcoming Battle Action mini-series:

Death Squad by PJ Holden:

Major Eazy by Henry Flint:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Henry Flint certainly does a good impression of Carlos!

JohnW

Quote from: Richard on 19 February, 2023, 06:44:04 PMHenry Flint certainly does a good impression of Carlos!
No lie.
When I returned to the prog after a long absence and first saw Flint, I decided that they'd figured out how to splice early O'Neill with heyday McMahon, and these two unstable elements were bound with 12 to 15% Ezquerra.
Something of a 2000ad quintessence is our Henry.

So long as they're not rebooting Truck Turpin or The Fists of Jimmy Chang, I am itching to get a proper look at this.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

rogue69

In the Latest Thrill-Mail there's is a free copy to download of issue 0 of Batlle Action featuring the Rat Pack & Helman of Hammerforce. Both written by Garth Ennis & art from Keith Burns & Mike Dorey

broodblik

In the thrill-mail a preview of the upcoming Spector: NEW THIS YEAR: the return of John Wagner and the late Carlos Ezquerra's 'Spector', with art by Dan Cornwell and colours by Dylan Teague
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

AND pages of art from Azimuth (new Dabnett + Bettin series) and the final Niemand and Foster Kyle Asher story. Its a thrill packed thrillmail this week!

broodblik

Yes I think I am more excited and intrigued my Azimuth. The last few years Dabnett has produced some of the most awesome thrills ever, if this was cricket he would have scored 100s in all his innings.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Richard on 19 February, 2023, 06:44:04 PMHenry Flint certainly does a good impression of Carlos!

The image of Spector in the latest thrill-mail looks pretty close, too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Rogue Judge

Lots to look forward to! I'll wait for the inevitable Battle Action TPB, that art looks amazing. Also Spector is a pleasant surprise, very much looking forward to that.

Now, if only they would surprise us with new Strontium Dog tales by Wagner and MacNeil...

broodblik

The cover for Clash of the Guards:

broodblik

Some different angles the two Dice Man covers:

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

TThe Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire - Volume V - Paperback,  24th October. 2023, 240 pages.

The best-selling Treasury of British Comics archival series The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire reaches its fifth amazing volume

The fifth omnibus collection of the science-fiction classic, The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire, reprints all the stories originally published in Look & Learn from 1975 through to 1977 and contains Don Lawrence's final flawlessly painted Trigan Empire pages.

Trigo, his nephew Janno, and the trusted scientist Peric all band together to protect the citizens of the Trigan Empire, from threats both alien and clandestine in these fast-paced yet beautifully painted comic stories which enthralled readers on original publication.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Sexton Blake: Caribbean Crisis & Voodoo Island! (Sexton Blake Library) - Paperback , 5th December 2023, 352 pages

The triumphant return of Michael Moorcock to Britain's adventuring detective, Sexton Blake, in the crime fiction event of the year!

A deep sea mission...

An impossible murder...

A mystery that will challenge even the famous Baker Street sleuth, Sexton Blake...

Beneath a sky of limpid sapphire blue, the research ship
Gorgon rolled gently on the scintillating waters of the Caribbean Sea.

Below, in a deep sea bathysphere a thousand feet below sea level, an impossible murder takes place. And only Sexton Blake can solve the case!

I love the old style cover, especially the fabric texture in the ocean.  I'm hoping this may turn out to be a hardback.  Interestingly, the Book Depository listing has it down as being published by Simon & Schuster, under the Rebellion imprint.  Perhaps something to do with Michael Moorcock's involvement, or perhaps it's normal and I've never noticed before.  Regardless, I'm well-pleased to see Rebellion continuing to breathe life into Sexton Blake.  More please!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll