Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: BPP on 10 October, 2022, 10:32:49 PM
What is going on with that Surfer cover?

It looks like Stewart Kenneth Moore's work. He did the last Defoe arc (prog 2150-2161)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Yeah I can see why you think that from the style.

And he's a really good artist. But that cover.... Yikes.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

At least it is not that Bolland Memoir cover
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: BPP on 10 October, 2022, 10:32:49 PM
What is going on with that Surfer cover?

He's a bit glum about having to duck under the logo.

Actually, he looks lethargic as well as miserable.  Cam Kennedy was a champion at making his static drawings of the Skysurf look like they were moving at a blistering pace.  This is almost the antithesis of that - it's like he's run out of juice and the board is puttering to a halt.  It looks more angsty Hamlety introspection than action paced thrill ride.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: BPP on 11 October, 2022, 08:25:31 AM

And he's a really good artist. But that cover.... Yikes.

all seems a world away from this beauty

Dash Decent

That ponytail... that grimace... it's Tharg, right?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Best of 2000 AD Volume 2 – 19th January 2023

In this volume: Judge Dredd hunts untraceable assassins firing Magic Bullets by Al Ewing and Colin Wilson; even robots get the Red Planet Blues from Alan Moore, Steve Dillon and John Higgins; not even Mega City One's brightest can escape The Vampire Effect; join the front line of the resistance against intergalactic bigots in Gothic masterpiece Nemesis The Warlock!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Best of 2000 AD Volume 2 – 11th May 2023

In this volume: Spend a night on The Graveyard Shift with Judge Dredd; Gordon Rennie and Frazer Irving tune in and drop tab of superpowers before Storming Heaven; get lost in the darkness lying in the belly of the good ship Leviathan from Ian Edginton and D'Israeli.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Timothy

According to the Thrillmail Helium is coming back!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Timothy on 12 October, 2022, 07:51:23 PM

Wow thought that ship had sailed. I mean its not here yet but that's some finished art from D'Israeli art there - so...

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2022, 07:57:14 PM

Wow thought that ship had sailed. I mean its not here yet but that's some finished art from D'Israeli art there - so...

How long has it been since the last episode was in the Prog?

Guess I'll have to dig out the recent-ish floppy.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 12 October, 2022, 08:11:47 PM

How long has it been since the last episode was in the Prog?

Obama was President, Cameron PM and Blighty still firmly in the EU.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Cover for Feral and Foe coming 4 Jan 2023:

JohnW

Astonishing to think that Abnett was producing this at the same time as Brink and The Out. He must have forked out extra for one of those better word processors. You know – the ones that come up with the good stories for you.

Have to buy this, I suppose. That's the trouble with the digital subscription: you end up buying the good stuff twice.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Max Headroom

Slight confusion over 'Feral and Foe': the 2000ad website states there will be a standard hardcover available in January, but when you click the links only a paperback is shown. I would really like a hardcover for this but have serious doubts over whether one will be forthcoming. Can anyone clarify?