Main Menu

Prog 2289: Shotgun Diplomacy

Started by The Monarch, 04 July, 2022, 07:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Saturday prog holy crud i wish i got this written sooner but i was not informed i had said prog until this morning

brink and skip continue and hope ends on a cliffhanger.

New dredd story which deals with the fallout between the meg and brit cit after that athlantis tunnel incident last year.

and this kinda surpised me but tharg says in the nerve centre that the section of bulletopia which starts in this prog is the penultimate part and well i guess we'll see in the coming weeks but it doesn't feel like a penultimate part at the moment

broodblik

Bulletopia has been running for almost two years now (started in prog 2184) and hopefully we can get an extended run into its conclusion (or reset/reboot to start all over again).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

Surprise Saturday Prog for me, a first in Cal-Hab from a long time.

Dredd off to a good start, Brink on the brink of major breakthrough, skipped Skip its increasingly looking like something from those endless shelves of manga in FP to me. Six/Dex in the here we go again loop.
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

i was gonna say thats a bit mean to manga but....well you are not completely wrong :lol:

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Colin YNWA

Decent Prog, certainly a bit step up from last time mainly due to Dexter.

Dredd nice opening episode, with a warning that it might all get slippy with the timeframes. We'll see but certianly perks the interest and Goddard give good Dredd.

Hope we knew would be in 2 (or more?) 'reels' and so on that basis this final part is a good one. Pulls us further in and then ends on a great cliffhanger. Anyone else got a real Fatale (as in Phillips and Brubaker Fatale from the image on the final page?)

So yeah its a surprise to learn that this Dexter will be the penultimate story in Bulletopia a story that offer so much, then fell apart of the momentum drifted but has recovered of late. I really hope the final story is an long 12 parter or similar, there seems a lot to sort out. ANYWAY to the present really nice opening part and I'm already into this one. Lets hope it has a more confident ending than the last one.

Skip Tracer aint too bad.

Brink on the other hand is bloody brilliant.

So yeah pretty good Prog.

Southstreeter

I suspect Bulletopia is just telling the tale of the escape from Downlode. It will undoubtedly be followed by a multi-year fragmented epic set in Mangapore, so I very much doubt the whole AI story is done yet, not by a long chalk.

broodblik

A good prog but not a great prog with Dredd taking the honours.

Dredd – A good start to the new arc, end with a good cliffhanger. Goddard's art as always works in the world of Dredd.

Hope – The end of the first reel and Broxton's art was the highlight throughout the series. At one stage the story was lingering but the last few parts have certainly picked-up and we end with a very interesting note.

Skippy – Well not bad and it is end with where will the story will takes us.

Sin/Dex – Dex/Sin + Dex – Another chapter in Bulletopia although this is the penultimate chapter it is difficult to see how it will end the whole saga. Not much is going on, but it looks like next chapter will have a lot of action.

Brink – Another talkative episode which just nudge the plot slightly into another direction and it ends with I want to read the next chapter now moment.

IndigoPrime

Alas, this Prog didn't land well here. Dredd looks fun: another Williams Hollywood movie. Hope has kind of lost me with this run. It lacks the focus of its predecessors (which I grabbed in trade – I won't here). Skip Tracer is fine. I doubt it'll make a convert of me, but I hope this last run works OK. Dexter feels so bitty now and this story feels entirely inconsequential thus far. Brink is one of my favourites, but I'll admit I'm feeling this is starting to drag a bit. Likely warrants a re-read when done.

Dredd > Brink > Skip Tracer > Hope > Dexter

sintec

The regened break has sucked some of the thrill out of Hope for me. Might give it a reread and see how it hangs together when read in a single sitting without the gap. Dredd seems intriguing and Dexter looks like it's setting up some solid action for this run. I'm indifferent to Skip at this point, seems like it's wrapping up plot threads I'm either ignorant of or forgot, meh. Brink is another talky episode, needs to find some action/tension again soon (maybe also not helped by the regened pause).

Leigh S

No prog for me.... I'd normally pick it up from the shop, but if it doesnt turn up tomorrow, I'l be contacting Subs - cant see why the subs are so much worse now than during the pandemic?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 06 July, 2022, 07:12:22 PM
cant see why the subs are so much worse now than during the pandemic?

Well, the Tories have more-or-less privatised the Post Office, so I can't imagine that's helping. Also, the pandemic isn't over. We're smack in the middle of another wave, it's just the government and their stooges in the media aren't talking about it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Leigh S

True enough - I've heard of more people with Covid these past few weeks than for a long time.  Though it is very consistently late for the longest time before that and it's still a pain when you've stumped up front to get it early when that is increasingly not the case (and the bills still run like clockwork!). 

I've always bought a copy from the shops rather than report one missing in the past, but that was when it was a fairly rare occurrence and I was nearer a Smiths on a daily rather than a weekly basis.  First World problems (Homeworking benefits outweight that particular downside!), but annoying nonetheless.

Barrington Boots

Did yours arrive Leigh? Mine still hasn't and think we might be reasonaly close, geographically speaking, from stuff you've posted before about Birmingham comic shops etc...
You're a dark horse, Boots.