Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE TRIGAN EMPIRE VOLUME 5 and 6 ??  (Read 391 times)

73north

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
THE RISE AND FALL OF THE TRIGAN EMPIRE VOLUME 5 and 6 ??
« on: 23 July, 2022, 10:33:50 AM »
Is there any news when the next instalment of the Trigan Empire comes out - eg Volume 5 ?
 as with Volume 4 being published in 3 weeks time , there will be a glaring gap .

The fourth omnibus of the science-fiction classic, The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire, collects the stories published from 1973 through to 1976..
However 1976 , was when I started reading Look and Learn - and above all
as there are the years 1976 to 1982 still to be covered , when Look and Learn was closed down ending the strip .The series ran in Look and Learn until the title ceased publication with issue #1049, in April 1982

Dark Jimbo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Grobbendonk spoke gibberish, a fringeworld dialect
    • View Profile
Re: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE TRIGAN EMPIRE VOLUME 5 and 6 ??
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2022, 01:06:50 PM »
Is there any news when the next instalment of the Trigan Empire comes out - eg Volume 5 ?
 as with Volume 4 being published in 3 weeks time , there will be a glaring gap .

You've sort of answered your own question here - with volume 4 not even out yet, I'd wait a while to hear news of volume 5.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Corinthian

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • Gaze into the Fist of Pob!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August, 2022, 06:22:49 PM »
I have a vague memory that the series was initially announced as a four volume collection of the Don Lawrence strips rather the complete strip. Obviously that's not going to be the case - judging by the contents list for volume 4 it's going to take one further book before we're up to the end of Lawrence's run and then Tharg knows how many books to reach 1982.

73north

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August, 2022, 08:21:21 PM »
I spotted tonight , the 4th Volume has been pushed back to Wednesday 21st of September 2022

from 17th August 2022 ( when I am on holiday for 2 weeks and was looking forward to it )

must be supply chain problems !!

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #4 on: 03 August, 2022, 08:33:36 PM »
Lack of paper, most likely. It’s an industry-wide problem.

73north

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August, 2022, 12:36:49 PM »
message found today in my e-mail box

----------------------
Dear valued customer,
We're writing to you as you ordered one or more copies of The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume IV.

Unfortunately due to further printing and import delays we have had to push back the publication date for The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume IV by at least another month, it's possible this may still need be revised, but we will update you as soon as we know more.
The current (provisional) date for release is now 21st September 2022.

Best wishes,
Ben Smith
Head of Rebellion Books, Comic Books, Film & TV

73north

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September, 2022, 11:58:59 PM »

Sad news that the Hardback Book won't be released till Wednesday 26th of October 2022 .

Gutted , this is the second or third delay to an eagerly awaited must-have release ( for me ) .