Main Menu

Prog 2293 - Leave no trace!

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 August, 2022, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Breezy read this one.

Dredd largely a straight forward action(ish) piece as the pieces come together and Dredd makes a stand. Good stuff.

Brink you can not be bored of Brink surely. Each episode creeps forward, oozes along, leaving a trail... ohhh its close and horrible in the best way.

Skip Tracer stuff happens, I should care more. It looks great mind.

Dexter arh how this is good stuff. Ramone makes a desperate play gets called and... well its the AI in his Fony right ... isn't it... but if it is why is it trying to save them with the call... I mean I'm making a LOT of pitch hit guesses here BUT looking forward to finding out...

Jaegir I mean folks get beat on a lot in Jaegir, people are led into traps. So nothing new but solidly entertaining all the same.

Decent Prog all in with Brink and Dexter the clear highlights.

broodblik

Cover by Paul Marshall and Dylan Teague:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jacqusie

Interview here about Special Relationship with Rob and Patrick:

https://2000ad.com/news/interview-exploring-the-special-relationship-with-rob-williams-and-patrick-goddard/

It's interesting Rob says:

For my sins, I thought it'd be fun, and more dramatically compelling, to tell this story out of sequence. Sometimes you need your head seeing to, as it makes for a bit of a headtwist as a writer making sure you have the timeline correct.

A major head twist for the reader too!

Barrington Boots

Quick one for me as although I got the Prog Saturday (hurray!) I don't have time to review it.

Dredd Really enjoyed this episode. Although I still don't know the full story, it's now fully 'clicked' for me and I am excited to see what's next. Dredd being a right dick in this episode too.

Brink I've found myself mentally checked out on this sadly and not enjoying it anymore, I'll read the last few episodes together when it wraps up and that should bring the fun back.

Skip Tracer Dire. Can we have Paul Marshall on something else please.

Dexter Best Dexter for ages this. The development with the Fony was unexpected - I agree with Colin on the AI here... really great. On the art, Tazio Bettin is amazing at action sequences but there's a few shonky faces this time around.

Jaegir Amazing. A nice reminder that Atalia and her guys are still bastards, but I still want them to win through here. Grim stuff, hugely digging it.

Three excellent strips this week!

You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

A good prog with one blemish (I am sure you cannot guess which one).

Dredd – Dredd show us his mean side with the episode mostly focusing on action. Rob is certainly   spinning an intrigued web of interlacing stories. Good stuff and do not forget Patrick's great art.

Brink – Yes, I get the frustration from a lot of people regarding the pace of the story, but this has been an excellent few months of intrigue and suspense. It looks like we "might" head for the endgame, but I am sure Dan will have a surprise up his sleeve.

Skip – I also tried to be positive about a story and I have even advocated for Skip Tracer and always labeled it is readable. Unfortunately this last arc I just cannot get into it.

Sin/Dex – I have not always been a fan of Sin/Dex but this particular arc has been highly enjoyable. Cannot wait to see how everything will pan out.

Jaegir – Klaur what a piece of work as our "heroes" try to find Atalia with some new character introductions into the fold. This is an excellent strip. Must say that the combo of Colbey and O'Grady is delivering a visual spectacular. 

The Monarch

it never came this week kinda annoyed i wanna read dex

IndigoPrime

A solid Dredd, but, yes, he's being a dick. He does love brinksmanship. Brink starts a shift from talking to doing. Skip Tracer presumably writes out another cast member, although the story itself is solid. Dexter is a lot of fun. And Jaegir picks up. Oddly, I think Dexter might have been my favourite thing this week.

Dexter > Brink = Jaegir > Dredd = Skip Tracer

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 August, 2022, 11:33:50 AM
A solid Dredd, but, yes, he's being a dick. He does love brinksmanship.

I've been getting this vague sense for a while now that there's a desire to toughen Dredd up again. Away with these namby-pamby doubts and hints of a two-dimensional character. It's frustrating, because the stories are generally pretty good.

Only other story I read was Jaegir, which is good, although I somehow managed to lose track of what the hell is going on several series ago.

Went digital at the start of the year. Struggling for reasons to renew at the start of 2023. I suspect I'll succumb to my OCD surrounding Dredd, but I dunno.

Regards,

Robin

The Monarch

turned out it had came earlier in the week and it just wasn't given to me. there really isn't much more i can add that others haven't everything is good except skip

norton canes

Just off to buy this week's prog and realised I've forgotten to say anything about this one.

The cover is probably about the best Skip Tracer thing there's ever been. Apart from that it's one of those progs where the majority of stories maintain the same standard as the previous week (Brink thankfully picks up a little) so, all good.