Main Menu

FFT - ROUND of 16 - Journals of Luke Kirby vs Savage - Heat 06

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 August, 2022, 06:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Savage- because I'm hoping it's obvious popularity will convince Rebellion to publish the whole lot in hardback.

SBT

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Southstreeter

Savage though there are far better thrills in this round.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

dan200

AlexF

Savage really is very good, I guess it seems less deserving than some thrills wot have already gone out, but actually it's earned its way here. It's compelling, relatively grown-up Euro comics.

But despite me saying that, my recent re-read of the 3 UC books left a slightly sour taste - the first 4 books or so are pretty great, and there are lots of great bits in later books, not least a convincing way to actually end the story of Britain being invaded and made free again (thanks to help from wealthy Americans and their warbots). But the cockney gangster milieu isn't my scene, and there are touches of homophobia and misogyny in there that grate.

Luke Kirby isn't nearly as well written, overall - but on the strength of Summer Magic, and because it's got no hope...

Luke Kirby gets my vote today.

IndigoPrime

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Pretty straight forward for Bill to blow away a 12 year old boy (how old was he) and we can discuss the morality of that first, maybe Savage thought he was a Volg? Who know. Really they should have just sat down over a cuppa and talked it out...

Savage

Is our 6th Quarter Finalist.