Main Menu

FFT - Semi Final 1 - Nikolai Dante vs Nemesis the Warlock

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 September, 2022, 06:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 09 September, 2022, 10:33:20 AM
Yes there is at least one vote in bold which is proclaimed as a second vote ....which it is I believe.

I also did a "second" vote also in bold
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh yeah I go you two marked already! All good, thjis thread has been such fun and my fav so far. Just its so close I want to make sure I get the result right!

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 09 September, 2022, 10:47:57 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 09 September, 2022, 10:33:20 AM
Yes there is at least one vote in bold which is proclaimed as a second vote ....which it is I believe.

I also did a "second" vote also in bold

Yes it was you I meant!

(I've only voted once, but have commented a couple of times).

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Timothy

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 September, 2022, 01:23:43 PM
Nemesis the Warlock for siding with the devil

It's arguable that Dante, with his sinful ways, sided with the devil. Nemesis IS the devil.

For the avoidance of doubt my vote remains with Dante.

Funt Solo

Just to throw the deviant among the terminators, Dante is currently leading the vote by one point - 17:16
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 September, 2022, 06:52:54 PM
Just to throw the deviant among the terminators, Dante is currently leading the vote by one point - 17:16

Time to start knocking on doors and offering lifts down to the polling station then.

Funt Solo

Just one more vote for Nem and then it's all Colin's fault decision.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

My nontraditional evening count, with names confirms all this scoring talk. The morning will confirm all...

Jim_Campbell

As great as (early) Nemesis is, Dante is a sustained, consistent thrill with a proper beginning, middle and end... often brilliant, not afraid to upset its own status quo — in that respect, I'm not sure we've seen anything like it on this scale before or since.

It also marked a revival of the Prog as it emerged from the darkest depths of the mid-nineties making it, arguably, more important than Nemesis, whose glory days were firmly rooted in a time when 2000AD was in great shape regardless.

So: Nikolai Dante.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Southstreeter

I couldn't remember if I'd voted yet. Apparently not, so it's going to Dante for the quality of the story telling and characterisation.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well what a ride this one has been! Genuinely exciting and such a fun thread, exactly what all this tounrey nonsense has been designed to do. The score on this one rocked and rolled, as Nemesis gave chase and towards the death caught up and over took... for Dante to strike back at the finish line. Thrilling stuff and absiolutely fitting for two such wonderful thrill. Enough has been said to dissect them both so I'll say no more, except to say I'm very pleased to announce

Nikolai Dante

will be in the final against Johnny Alpha and Nemesis just misses out in the biggest vote to date. Will Dante be able to shock us there?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 September, 2022, 07:13:58 AM
Will Dante be able to shock us there?

He may be too cool to kill, but I don't fancy his chances much against the Top Dog...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Timothy

I suspect that Jim is right, but I am genuinely torn on which way to vote in the final. Which is as it should be - it would be a dull contest where every choice was an easy one.